Fair Haven

Left last Friday morning for vacation with plans on fishing Fair Haven until Wednesday and then moving the boat to Oswego Wed. evening. Fishing out of Fair Haven was good with an average of 7-15 hook ups per day. We fished straight out of the chute in 160-225. Best colors out of Fair Haven were white dodger/ultra glow whitefly, blue spinny/hammer fly, silver e-chip/b fly, and a smoke dodger/blue bubble fly. Fish came primarily on the riggers with the dipsys close behind. It was a slow week for the coppers. Riggers were run between 75 ft. and 160ft down and the dipsys were between 225-350. Catch out of Fair Haven was mainly kings with two steelies and one brown. Average king out of Fair Haven was between 14-22 pounds.

Oswego

Moved the boat Wed. night and got it all tied up in the slip and ready to fish on Thursday morning. Our goal was to find fish for the LSRC with out having to run back to Fair Haven. We setup off the steam plant in 160 Thursday morning to find a slow bite that got much better for us as the day progressed. We ended the day aroudn 1:30 with 7 kings and many missed oppurtunities. Colors were teh same as the one mentioned above but were run from 75-115 on the riggers and 225-275 on the dipsy. Missed a few real nice fish between junkyard and moon beach late in the day so that was to be our starting point on Friday. Had some friends up for Harborfest and they arrived late Thurs. night and were sluggish on Friday morning so we never got on the water until around 8:30ish. We called it a day around 12:00 as I was getting bored riding around by myself listening to them snore. We finished 3-3 with a nice major tipping the boat scale at 31 pounds (pictures to come). Thanks to Home Office for giving us some room as the fish tangled with our 450 copper and was giving a first timer the battle of his life. Returned to that point Saturday morning and found lots of fish on the screen but just could not get them to fire.After many attempts finally got some hits but finished 2-7 with an upper teens and king and a real nice steelie. 5 of the 7 bites came on the dipsy with a silver e chip and a b fly out 250. Wish we could have had a better day but oh well the week of fishing was nice with no blow days and good fishing. Ill post some picutres when i come across my camera cable.

Reese/Cody...great report, glad you got into the fish....great job on a 31 pounder friday...man, how could they sleep after seeing that beast hit the deck!!! BTW, You guy's have an awesome boat...good fishin'.... steve