Flasher or Dodger with the copper line and dive bombs?

I plan on finally using my copper set up this weekend. It'll be my first and I was wondering what would be better to use? I have various spin doctors and pro trolls, but also have some larger Opti Tackle flashers that are approx 14" long. I dressed them up with some ladder backs last year and have not used them since. I was thinking those big flashers would have more drag in the water with the copper and possibly give the fly or spoon a better action. I could be off base in the assumption but that's why I am posting it as a question here. Also My 45# coper should get me down 66' but I have the 4 size in the stinger dive bombs I believe I can get down 8' more with every ounce on the dive bomb. Should I attach it just below the albright not or midway or a few feet from the flasher itself. As always your feedback is appreciated.

GB coper can be a chalange enuf between 2 dypsys on a narrow boat not to mention the extra tug you get fighting a fish,id be a little concerned the diver might pull you to one side or another expessely on turns when you get the best of tangles in good conditions (so ive been told) but im not too familuar with them running true . the bigger flashers might work but will add a lot of drag to a already pulling rig .. and are usually run slower which could hurt the rest of the spread. If the fishing is great thats when i break out the expermintal riggs that i try and dont tell anyone but if it slow or normal run the spinnys ,and stuff you have confinence in ...

Ray,

You have a point about the different size flasher not performing at the same speeds as the pro trolls and spinneys. I wonder if my OSP planer board can handle he weight of all that copper and possibly a dive bomb. I guess I'll have to try it out if the waves are too bad or I'll have to run it down the chute.

GB,

This time of year I would put a Moonshine Carbon 14 on that copper and if you feel you need to get deeper you would attach the dive bomb at the leader end of the copper (before the florocarbon).

The spoons work expessely good late July and Early August and they will run deeper than flashers on copper. AND......the worst tangles are tangles when flashers are involved, until you are confident in your spread, I would run flashers on the riggers and spoons on the divers and copper.

On the second day you wil know what you are doing and add the flashers OR.....if the flasher dipsy combo is hot, don't run copper wait till the bite slows then change it all over.

HINT.....Do not let a released dipsy run behind the boat if you have a copper out........EVER.....even for 5 min, grab it and get it in!!

CC

PS. If you are using a bobber than you can disregard this enitre post!

CB,

No bobbers here! First timer, just sick and tired of hearing on the radio" Boated another on the copper line". I figured I have to try it, it seems to work great this time of year. I was planning on running two poles of mono off my rigger and two dipseys and when the sun get a little higher put out a copper line.

CB,

Thanks for the advice. I might "drink the kool aid" on those resetting dipseys that were posted here a week or two ago. Fat Nancys had a few complete samples for sale when I was up in early July. Maybe that might lessen the chance of a tangle. I know I still have to worry about the fish tangling my lines which has happened to me before. It sounds like I'm going to love or just down right hate this copper thing. I'll let you know probably next monday or tuesday with a report.