Slider on same rigger??

I see this mentioned pretty regularly but not sure what it means. I have slide divers but I don't believe this is what people are talking about. Can someone explain how this works. I have had it with the roemer releases they are a PIA and want to try something new and hopefully easier anyway.

Sliders = cheaters that are not fixed. Clip it on the line and just let it sink down to the bow in the main line. It is hard to duplicate the same depth after a release but they work good when the fish are spread out in the water column.

Gambler,

Are you saying clip a snap swivel with a leader and spoon to you main mono line that is on your rigger. I would think that would get tangled up and ruin the performance of the lure on your main line or maybe I just don't get it.

to elaborate a little on "g'"s answer the slider consist of a 6ftish length of 15 or 20 lb test line with a snap swivel on each end.after setting rigger and tighting down rod tip a little put lure on one swivel take the rod out of the holder so you can get to the lineattach the other swivel to the line.you can lay the lure in the water and sorta feed out the 6 ft line then let go of swivel and it will sink with the lure somewhere to the bow in your line.some people hook to the line and toss the lure gently out to the side but some tomis the lure will hook one the slider line or get a little messed up so ya gotta pull rig and start over (the tangle only happens in derbys ,or when the rigger is 140 ft out,or ruff weather ) then you set the rod back in holder finish tighting down and sit back and wait.........after the hit some people fly to the rod reel like crazy to take up slak and fight the fish,i like to lay back watch the fish dance on the line and release and take up th slak on its own due to the fact most slider hits are steelies and i enjoy watching them fly out of the water on there own. also smaller or lighter spoons are the most preferred slider spoons as they tend to flutter and go crazy with a little chop

Thanks Ray and Gambler,

I kind of came to my own conclusion and thought it out after putting down the can of blue light for a few minutes. This will allow me to run 2 lures off one pole which it's looking like I will only have one other person in the boat with me on Friday so this should better our chances. If the lake is calm I'll definitely give it a shot this weekend. I have been landing steelies just about everytime out off my planers, but not off of these sliders. Yes I also enjoy watching them explode out of the water. It's great sight to see on a sunny day.

Gotta Bite, sliders have been the best presentation on my boat for 2 years. I estimate 60% of my fish come off them. At Wilson in the Spring Derby this year almost every fish I caught was on the free slider.

Just Fishin' -- How long a lead are you running on the ball? If sliders are hot for you consider shortening your cannon ball leads to match the slider length. It is a win win 'cause not only may it entice bottom hits, but it also leaves less slack to recover on the slider hits.

CC