Some questions from a fairly new guy to Lake O

I have only trolled Ontario twice. I have fished the rivers for Kings and steelies but trolling is my passion.Does anyone ever run vertical blades or blades attached to downrigger cable. How frequently do salmon hit close to the ball? I am coming out to Lake O in two weeks and fishing with a friend who hasnt fished there in 15 years we are staying in Oswego.

I only have 12 pound weights. Will they be heavy enough at the speeds necessary for salmon fishing out there?I live in Vt and fish champlain primarily. I am ready to start fishing Ontario regularly. Any and all help will be appreciated. I am psyched!!

As long as having down speed and temp are parr of your package from lake champ you should. Be. Fine you may find that 16-20 lb Weights to be a. Good investmeNt as sometimes. We fish past. 100 ft

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

anywhere from 5-15' behind the ball as long as more than 50 'down above that go a little farther back

12 lbs is fine

primarily the action has been from 80-100 feet down in 120- 250 fow

good luck

when your up give me a shout on CH 68 and i'll gladly share any info i can

todd

Hi Shawn, I live just to the south of you in Shaftsbury Vt. I just bought my boat and fish out of Mexico. I to started on lake champlain and now fish Ontario much better fishing. I chartered many times before I bought the boat I have now between the charters and this sight I feel I have a good background of what I need to do on the lake. Give me a call sometime and maybe we can get together. (802)688-4401 PJ Weber