Surface Temp: (70°F)

LAT/LONG: (GPS Cords)

===============

FISHING RESULTS

===============

Total Hits: (9)

Total Boated: (5)

Species Breakdown: (5 Kings)

Hot Lure: (Green echip with Atomik Green Crinkle fly, White echip with Green A-TOM-MIC Fly)

Trolling Speed: (2.8 mph)

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: (105-140 ft)

Lure Depth: (50-60 ft)

I hit the water at 5:00 pm tonight with Tim (Finders Keepers) and we set-up in 100 fow with a 4 rod program and the screen was pretty blank... I started working towards a waypoint I had from my last trip in 135 fow.. Got to 115 fow and the port side wire rod started screaming that had the green echip with green crinkle atomik fly 185. Boated a nice 25lb and change king.. Got set back up and the port rigger fires 55 feet down over 120 fow with a white echip with green atomik fly.. While fighting this fish the port dipsey fired again and we got ourselves a double working... I lost my low teen king on the rigger rod and Tim boats a nice 20lb king on the dipsey..... Get back set up and the port wire goes again and as I am fighting this fish the port rigger fires again... Again Timmy and I are fighting a double... As we are fighting the double the starboard rigger fires with a NK MAG Raspberry spoon.... Wish I had a camera of this.. I am fighting the king on the wire rod Timmy is fighting the king on the rigger rod, he grabs the rod that just fired with the other rod in his hand.... I have never seen that before.... We never hooked up on the third fish of the potential Triple with 2 guys in a boat.. Absolute fire drill.....I boat a 24lber and Tim boats a nice 14lber... Get back set-up and the port rigger fires again and as I am fighting the port wire fires again we are working another double.... Now while Timmy and I are having the time of our lives we have this guy in a 21 foot Penn Yan who goes by us every single time we have our doubles and Tim and I are laughing and high fiveing each other... By this time it is 8:30 and getting darker so we decide to pull rods and get back to port to load the boat on the trailer... The guys in the penny are loading up also and he comes over to us and says did you guys catch anything..... I said we did pretty good.... He said pretty good every god@#$% time I went by you guys were both fighting fish....... They only caught 1 Laker but they were fishing 80-100 down over 100-140..... The only other thing biting tonight other than the Kings were the Damn flies.... I think they had bigger teeth than the kings.......... I will post a picture from tonight tomorrow when Tim emails it to me or maybe he can post the picture........... Dale

Woody,

Do you have a blue/white Wellcraft? If so, you passed by me in a 20' white Campion and I can verify that you were getting into them. You hooked up and I said to my dad that wasn't cool. We got into a lull for awile but about 10 min after passing you by we had another knock off. For the first time out we manged our first king so it was a successful trip. What did you have your wires out to?

Those flies were the worst too. I have one of those Therma cells, I wonder if they have any effect on the flies.

Here are some pics from our Tuesday PM Kingfest:

Woody with the first king (25 lbs):

Woodywith25lbKing.jpg

Double on 20 and 24 lb Kings:

7-28-09Doublewith19and24lbKings.jpg

Stacking kings in the back of the boat:

7-28-09PMRunwithWoody.jpg

Back at home before the knifes came out:

DSCN2070.jpg

Awesome trip out on the big pond, thanks again Woody for taking me along!! 8)

nice job and I can back up your story, as I was the 3rd boat that came out and fished your waypoint. I came out of bear creek and had some electronic problems and figured you were on them. We lost one big king after he crossed our dipsey and yes the flies were the worst.

Bowbender no I have a 21 ' brown and white Sylvan offshore aluminum boat. I picked it up over the winter for $700 as a project boat and she needs a couple more things to be completed.I love this boat and it has a 2.5 liter engine so I can troll all day on $15...

Kevin the fishing has been hot for the last couple of weeks so Tim and I decided to work the kinks out before the Pultneyville Challenge and the Fall LOC.... Storms coming this afternoon not sure if we will be playing ball tonight...

Nick we have a coldfront coming through this afternoon I am not sure what this is going to do to our fishing. I am may try to get out tomorrow but we will watch the weather....

Thanks for the report. Mirrored your program but with only two wire rods this morning and went 3 for 5. Best king 20#. The two I lost were bigguns. One snapped the leader between the dipsey and flasher and the other just straightened the hook. Yikes. I'm going again tomorrow am. and give another try at breaking some tackle.

Coup glad to hear that you did good this am... Tim and I will be heading out in the am also... The boat is the Mud Chicken and we will be on 68 if you want to give us a shout.....Dale

Geez Louise!

You guys must have looked like the Keystone Cops out there!

Dale, you're making it very hard to get motivated to get the chores around the house here you know. I'm going to have to invent a strain of hay that cuts and bales itself cuz' if the fishing is like this, it's going to be a while before the equipment gets reconditioned! You win. I'll call you later. You're going to have to explain this to my wife!! :lol:

Grady

Coup give us a shout when you hit the water and we are hitting the lake at 5:30 am so this will give us some time to figure the fish out....

Bob I thought that was you, just got home I had a softball game tonight. I looked to see if you were working on the baler or cutter in the driveway but I am sure the rain put a damper on things... Call me sometime tomorrow I am planning on hitting the water with you for an afternoon run sometime before 3:00.. Is the wife working or not tomorrow.... I am hopeing to put together a plan so we can get after them in the pm... Also you will need to bring a few things with you for our pm trip.......By the way I think we did a pretty decent job last night with the fast and furious fishing more like a ballet than keystone cops.... Dale

Dale, Nice talking with you the other morning. We ended up 3 for 7. My dad put the only king in boat. The other two were browns. The 4 we lost were all screamers. Again we straightened out the treble hook on an atomik fly.

If I heard it right, the Grady White put a 38lb. king in the box.

Chris it was very nice talking with you also... 3 for 7 is a decent morning on the lake. Tim (Finders Keepers) and I hit a decent brown first thing in the am then it was all kings and 1 steelie ending at noon 10 for 17... We had some pretty light hits and hits when we were trying to fight a fish or getting set-up... We talked with the guy that said he had a 38lber in his boat... They measure their fish by inches not lbs.. He pulled it out of his cooler in the parking lot and Tim guessed it to be a 22lb fish roughly 38 inches long....... I also went back out in the evening with Grady95 aka "Bob" and we whacked a decent king right off the bat on the wire out 300 foot and after a 10 minute fight the rod snapped in half(we still boated her though) so we through a 10 color core out after that...Bob did a great job wrestling that fish in with a 5 foot stump of a rod.. I even got a picture of it on my cellphone... We finished the night 5 for 7......

Jolly when are you going to move back to the lake I know where there is a nice little farm coming up for sale up the road from me and would be perfect for Pearl to play around in......

Dave(Holy Mackerel) it was nice putting a face with the name last night and thanks for the radar report last night thought we had a big storm coming in........ Dale

Dale,

I'll be up this weekend to get in on some of this hot action, just been really f'n busy with stuff.

We are currently in the middle of selling our house, and buying another. We should have all the mortgage approvals done by next week. The new house is nice, almost 8 acres, barn, 2 car garage, huge yard for Pearl and Finn to play in. The only down shot is that we are going to be living in Bergen and I'm going to be fishing out of Sandy Creek or the Oak. So after fishing out of Hughe's since I was 10 years old (except my navy years) I now have to figure out a new part of the lake.