I am from VT and my gear is all for Lake Champlain mostly. I am coming to Lake O soon and wanted a starter package list of sorts.

Spoons? What length and colors? Maybe a dozen?

Line / What lb test & should I run 30Lb to deter fleas or buy Flea Flik'r?

Rods? I have a bunch of 8'3 Ugly Stick downrigger rods I use for lakers, will these be adequate?

Dodgers/Flashers/attractors? What sizes and colors if you were only gonna get a half dozen?

I have several 3 1/4 to 3 3/4' spoons from Stinger and Northern King? Will these work or should I run larger sizes?

And last where is the cheapest place to purchase all this equipment?

Your poles and line sound adequate enough. You state you want some starter stuff. If you go to Pulaski, go to Fat Nancy's or AllSeasons. They have flashers, flies and spoons to get you started. You can also get things on the internet @ GLOutdoors.com or atommiktrollingflies.com This should get you started. Good luck.

Bob

Shawn,

Read fish reports "Lake Ontario South Shore", it will tell you, spoons choice ,Spin Doctors colors, flies, water depth and speed. Also under Tackle Techniqe there is a post on "if you had 2 spoons what would they be", check it out. NK28, Stinger and Super Slim spoons are prefered choice in most cases. This web site has an abundance of information, just go through the titles and somewhere your questions will be answered.

Shade