Just curious i am a new fisherman in the irondequit erea just starting out do mostly off shore dont have a boat yet. Is there anyone that can give me some tips on were to go in lake ontario to catch some good fish or maybe what kind of lures i should be using. all help is appreciated.

i dont know a stinking thng about shore fishing,But i would like to welcome you to the site !!!!Please set aside ooohh lets say 15,000.00 heres why youll soon need 5,000.00 for a starter boat and 10,000.00 for new tackle ,that should get you started.....

Give it a few weeks and you will be able to catch some of the Kings when they start their spawning run. There's always shore fishing available,

just don't know much about it. Check with your local tackle store, sure that they would be able to point you in the right direction. I'm not from

your area, but I fish the Eastern Basin of Lake Ontario all summer. You don't need $ 15,000 to enjoy fishing, key word is enjoy!!

Billy Bones ;)

welcome aboard, try the piers at the outlet of I-bay, Webster, the Charlotte or Summerville piers. There's usually some action at Russell Station or along the shores of the ponds in Greece, Long Pond, Round Pond, Buck pond, Braddocks Bay all have open shores to fish. Good Luck and check the open seats section of the site to hitch a ride on the Big O for some real hot action.

ds - welcome to the site. Caught my first big salmon off a jetty. Piers would be a good place to start. Summerville side more so than Chalotte side on the Genny. Obviously spinning is your game so I suggest some Lil Cleos, which are well known among the "spoon-chuckers." Try them in the glow & big. Light line & stealth always helps. Also do your fishing early, real early. Like plan on having at least 50 casts in before the sun comes up. Also heavy rains are known to start some fish coming in early in the shore season.

Good Luck & let us know how you make out.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

p.s. don't forget a long handle net for pier fishing.