Pictures of rigged boats

SHAWN HAYES

Just looking to see the differences in the way people rig their boats. I have a Lund 2150 baron Magnum and I would like to see how other guys have rigged theirs up. Always looking for new ideas or ways to make things better or more ergonomically friendly.

85318178.jpg

24757625.th.jpg

This is a smaller image but can give you an idea, the rod holders on the sides just for storage come in very handy for getting rods out of the way, you can never have enough storage. I think I may have some more pictures if you would like. Gotta love Lunds! 8)

25876202.th.jpg

57869073.th.jpg

93304584.th.jpg

I mounted a swivel base for the two rear Big Jons and I add a 24" Traxs Tech rail for the front down riggers and rod holders. In the winter I have extra spools with planner board line that I use on the front big jons. I slide them forward and tip them up and use them as plannerboard masts. I use Otter Boards so the pull isn't severe. On the left of the dash the !st black box is the simrad Auto pilot and next to that is the Troll master. The only thing that I would do different is I would use 36" rails. I balso added carpet to the Gunnels!

32345043.th.jpg

I'm new to the forum but would like to put my 2 cents in. My striper has 4 riggers, 32 rod holders, and run Planer boards off the front of my hardtop with reels mounted on the railing. All 4 downriggers are on swivel bases drilled with extra pin holes to run at various angles depending on the conditions and number of rods run. I hope the picture comes out ok as this is my first post.

I run wire dipseys or braided dipseys off the side rod holders running 2 on each side, 7' rod paralell inside a 9 1/2 foot rod. Downriggers sometimes stacked, Lead core off the hardtop rocket launchers with very little drag and will sometime run in line boards instead of planer boards if I only have two people on the boat. Just to name a few of the many combinations. Have not run any copper yet.

I thouroughly enjoy the LOU site and look forward to sharing as I am able.

88422555.jpg

54165826.jpg