CAYUGA 8/1

Launched out of Long Point St Park lots of weeds and fleas :no:. Marked some fish and bait got one 5-6 lb laker 240ft wire green revalator/#23 attommik. Move across the lake to about 1 mile north of Sheldrake less weeds and fleas :yes: lots of bait 120-250 ft down 30-50ft no takes up high but did 3 lakers and a LL down deeper. Temp 49 down 75ft. Did the lakers on wire out 240-260 one more on the green setup and 2 on blk revalator/ purple blk fly with a glow squid insert. LL came 76 down on a sil/green glow spoon. LL was about 5# lakers were about as same as the first 5-6# all fish clean of lamprey and released.

i was out there too. I was off the water by ten, but caught and releases two small lakers (20-22") they came @70 and 90ft down over 250. It was a little choppy for my little boat. Spent to much time clearing weeds, but theres no such thing as a bad day fishing.

Thanks for the reports as I was out there myself on 8/1 north of Long point. We picked up a nice 8llb laker on the wire out about 218 not more than 10 minutes after getting set up. It was good enough for 4th at the Bass Pro tourmament, 2 carp and a channel cat beat it for biggest fish. Took that as a good sign but only managed 2 dinks on the wire rest of the morning. The weeds were thick as you rounded the point and took us out of business once. The fleas seemed managable though. Wish I knew what all those fish and bait were around 20-30 feet? Showed up alot in around 80-100 fow but never got a hit on anything tried. Marked very few fish that were deep.