Anywhere there is a weedline or a steep drop off. Go with both live and lure. Toss a minnow out on a line and a bobber then cast a crank bait or large spoon. When I cast a spoon I tend to play with retrieval speed, crank it fast, stop for a one count, crank it fast if depth allows. I find I get a lot of hits right as I start cranking again.

I've caught a handful trolling along weed lines, but not as many as casting.

Good luck. A guy I work with has been down there on vacation all week and the pike fishing has been slow. Try trolling deep diving cranks on points. That is the best way I have found to get them when the water is warm. They will also suspend on alewives. Look for bait schools and troll them with sticks and large spoons.

Well skunked its really a bad time of the year to fish pike. Big pike are stressed by warm water temps and seek deep cold water and feed little. Although I did hear of an 11lber being taken recently at Conesus last month trolling deep divers. If you dont care about size the action can be fast for small to medium sized pike in the shallow weed beds. Just rip a safty pin spinner or lipless crank bait over the weeds you should find some takers and bass too.

Good Luck