FAMILAIR BITE TANGOS Daisy Chain

I received my order of FAMILIAR BITE whole alewife's and these prototype FAMILIAR BITE TANGOS..I cant wait to get them in the water. Berkley big game 50 pound leaders 72" long with a new style line guard !!! I bet they run nice with an 11" flasher or straight of the wire, copper, mono, super braid, ect, ect.. I'll report back on how they work.

CLICK ON PICS TO VIEW FULL SIZE

Check out the line guards>>>>>GOOD STUFF!!

4TangoFAMILIARBITEBaitRigs.jpg

4TangoFAMILIARBITEBaitRigs1.jpg

4TangoFAMILIARBITEBaitRigs2.jpg

One thing I did notice is the FAMILIAR BITE whole alewifes did not fit well in the John King/Big Weenie bait heads. The opening was not large enough to properly fit the bait in..

Has anyone else had this problem?

http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... ct_Count=0

http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... ct_Count=1

Mark

Nice Mark! I just got a case as well. I got the bait heads but not the daisy chain...now I'm bummed! I like the green....it's glow...correct?

Can you do me a favor? I need to tie up rigs. What is the measurement from the top of the treble to the top of the single hook?

BW;

"We will be doing something about bait to help guys out soon." What? can we get a little clue here?

"Also herring fits in our stuff very well." <<<<< Now if we could only find herring that is fresh and with scales on it, not like that stuff that's out now.

I believe that to catch a BIG fish it's best to use a BIG bait like FAMILIAR BITE and run it deeeeep and slooooooowwwww. What is a natural bait to Lake Ontario? for Kings answer is Alewife's

Rod;

It's 2 1/2 inches top to top.

I would recommend that you order the FAMILIAR BITE bait heads " Tangos" They come in a 2,3 and 4 fly configuration and the heads fit the bait perfect!! there is no need to slice and dice the bait like with the John King/ Big Weenie heads.. I ordered from this web site>>>> http://shop.gltsupplies.com/merchant2/m ... ry_Code=DC

Mark

I wish I wanted to get back into bait fishing, but its so damn messy! I know it works, but so do the A-TOM-MIK's I run. I dont even know where all my bait rigs went to to be honest.

Mark what color combos work best for you? I know High Voltage has a Mtn. Dew rig, or maybe it was a purple rig he likes to run.

Hey Mark, The stuff you are using is frozen, right? Thats not fresh. I dont know where the " to catch big fish you need big bait" comes from. The kings eat what ever bait is handy. If the bait you put in front of them is 4 to 6 inchs thats what they hit, no problem. If you want fresh bait there is tons in the lake, just check the pier heads. There is plenty of herring available from whole to strips that works also. I know you want to promote F.B. but when you make it sound like our heads wont hold a alewife and we at least pay for a add on hear, its wrong. I for one am sick of GLT bad mouthing us and every other company and I have plenty of guys that tell me. Lots of plastic companys looking for jobs that can make a bait head anyway I want it. Take that for what its worth, BW

YT;

LOL.... I know takes a bit of time to set up bait and clean up the mess...but well worth the results!!!!

I would stay at port and fish for perch if I did not have my A-TOM-MIK's flys and Dream Weaver spin doc's.

I like the glows, black silver and purple set up's myself...

High Voltage if I remember correctly like's the glow greens and whites...I have not seen him run much purple?

BW;

I apologize.... I did not mean to, if I even did bash your product, in fact I think your tackle is also GREAT stuff, sorry for the mis-communication..... Yes it's frozen, what I should have said is the closest thing to fresh on the market today that I buy. When it thaws out it's fresh to me best I've seen for frozen baits.

"I know you want to promote F.B. " >>>>>I don't work for FAMILIAR BITE web site or any other product's I was only saying what works for me and what I like..

IE A-TOM-MIK's, Dream Weaver, NK, Stinger, ect, ect, ect....

As far as my statement to catch big fish use a big bait. That's been my belief since the 1980's...A friend of mine "Catch A Buzz Charters" got me hooked on running big stuff for big fish years ago and I do believe it..

In the post above you said "Depends on what size bait you use" Well I have both green label and red..what works with what? The shape of the John King head is not correct for this bait... I have to jamm them in and this makes a mess like YT said above lol.....

I have not heard any bashing and I was not trying to bash you...,,,,sorry if you took it that way...Look I just want to have fun and fish...not get involved in promoting anyone's products...I just as always post what works for me and what I like...Go back and look at all my post and you will see this...

When I started this web site six years ago it was to share info with others and that's what I was doing..

BW Thanks for advertising on LOU...it's what helps keep the site going.. :yes:

REGARDS;

Mark

No problem Mark, you got my email and I didnt want to share that with the world but hope you understand why.Like I said in the email, we can always make new products, if it is flashers, meat heads etc, plenty of places looking for work. Business is so far beyond what we ever thought it would be and we like to buy ad's on sites to help promote them and keep them running for everyone. Its only fair. Good luck fishing, hope I can get out, BW

Mark,

I found that I do have one of the 3 fly green Tango rigs....must have bought it last year.

On the Big Weenie rigs....LOVE them too!!! I find when using the BW with big whole alewives I clip a v slot on the top and bottom to allow the alwive to

fit in the head better without cramming it in. Not sure BW would suggest this, but it does seem to work. Sort of a blend of the BW design and the Familiar Bite design.

BW....just went through my stuff and I need to order a few big pig rigs pronto!