Species Breakdown: 4 kings, 1 steelhead

Hot Lure: 42 second NK mag, kelly green Spinny/crinkle green fly, NBK slider

Trolling Speed: 2.0-3.1 sog

Down Speed: 2.0-2.2 mph

Boat Depth: 160-220'

Lure Depth: rigger 130' with free slider, wire diver 240-300' out, #3

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

Fished solo this morning when my fishing buddy bailed at 5 AM with a hangover....I fished a little east and stayed tight between the 31 and 32 lines. I fished two rods and it was all I could handle. Screen early was great in 160 fow, then the fish scattered. I would have stayed longer but I had three "un-revivable" fish I had to keep so I pulled the plug and went in at 8:30 AM as soon as I met my limit. Personally, I'm not sure what the rule is, but to me it's "unsportsmanlike" to keep fishing once you have a limit box, especially if you catch a mature king...

I have been using the same lures over and over again for the past month or so - Kelly green Spinny/crinkle green fly, 42 second Mag and NK28 spoons, DW SS steelie Dan and an NBK and they continue to catch fish. Two fish hit the 42 second rigger down 130', two fish the Kelly green Spinny (early in the morning 240' then later 300' out) and one on the NBK free slider on my 130' rigger. Kings were mid-teens, steelhead was around 5-6 pounds.

Best direction was actually an eastward troll today. Down temp. was between 50-55 degrees at 130', depending on boat speed and depth. Best down speed seemed to be 2.0-2.2 mph.

Good luck to all,

- Chris

:clap:

Holy Moly, you continue to fill in the blanks with great fishing reports!

In my case, I am under an order from someone with a medical background, which is to rest my sore back. Talk about checking the website to find out whats going on in our stomping ground while sitting behind the monitor. This makes me a desktop fisherman! :(

Best of luck tomorrow. Keep the reports coming! :yes:

As always, keep the lines tight.

It was Bring your crocs to the boat day with my Dad

Worked 150-180 FOW

(4 for 5) All Kings

104' down took all four on Dirty White Boy mupped with an NBK.

wires were dead. all on the south troll into the waves....2.4 down

18 and 21 were the two biggest

August82009-3-1.jpg

Nice fish guys! I didn't have much luck trolling south, it seemed like east worked the best for me (it was tough however with the waves when it started to build a little).

Anthony - nobody ever told ya that "stretching" with a fishing rod was the best treatment for a sore back? ;)

Take care everyone - we'll be back at it next weekend....

- Chris