Sandy Creek Legacy report 8-8

I had all the intensions in the world of running offshore first thing this morning but instead I stopped to take a look inside. In 85 fow we had bait clouds and big hooks so we set up and fished the warm water for an hour and never moved a rod. We quickly abandoned the inside water and started a north troll. On our way out we picked up a few fish but with nothing really showing on the screen, we continued north. 450-470 fow straight off the creek proved to be our best area of the day. The fish were 40- 80' down w/ 50-60' being the best target depth. Stinger glow gators on the 45', 50', and 60' on the riggers did most of the damage. 10 color leadcore pulling a red headed silver bullet and ten color leadcore pulling a purple NK nbk also took fish. The 350' copper pulling a white double crush Smartfish and an atommic ssw fly took an 11# Steelie and the 260' wire dipsey pulling a green double crush Smartfish pulling a lime green fly took a teenage king. We had a pretty consistant bite throughout the morning once we were in 330'+ and finished strong after a slow start. We ended up 14 for 17 with our catch dominated by Steelies topped with a few Kings and a 9# Brown.

056.jpg

058.jpg

059.jpg

I'll just chime in "ditto" to Rob's report. We were inside for two hours without moving a rod, then pulled and ran to 450' where we popped a mature within 5 minutes. Ended with a dozen rips out there in ~3 hours, four matures, one skipper and the rest steelies. The riggers were parked at 68', wires at 200', and the temp band was much wider than inside (~1 degree per foot at the thermocline), so there's lots of fishable water. Strong North-South current, too! Everything was either green or white Spin Docs.

Gator

Nice report!! our morning wasnt quite that good but for a bunch of rookies we did ok. we stopped in about 230 fow and before everything was set up a rod released and line was screamin off the reel. being the nice son that i am i handed the rod over to mom and shortly after that it spit the hook...thats how most of the mornin went, with 5 fish on and only 1 to the boat, but heck it was the most action we've ever had on the big pond. Everything hit on green spin docs with green and white flies about 100 feet down. Lookin forward to goin up again now that we are gettin the hang of things this site has helped a ton!!

tight lines!!!!

phportqd9.png