Cayuga 8/8 & 8/9

Great weekend for fishing if you like Lakers. We fished sat from 7 am to noon did about 12 lakers 3 on riggers, 4 dipsey and 5 on 500 copper. Every was was on either white S/D and white fly or green spoons run clean. One of the rigger fish was a 5lb LL on a pink glow 2 1/2 spoon.

Sunday was non-stop. We were out from 6:30 till 11:00 AM then the rain scared us off. We boated over 30 lakers our biggest one was 11lbs 14 oz we did all but 3 fish on dipseys set back 215 to 270. Again white crush glow spin doctors and green/ big weenie flies. The S/D were anything w/ majority being white (wonder bread- green dot and crush glow all the same). We had numerous doubles on the dipseys. By 11:00 we were both tired and I was getting frustrated jogging into the wind, reeling in fish and trying to net them. We really should have had more than 2 people on the boat.

We had all our action above sheldrake pt in 150 to 200 ft of water.

We'll be back out next weekend hopefully to find some silver fish and not just lakers.

Mower

We were out on Cayuga today 8/10, did over 20 fish from 7:30 to 10:30. To be honest I know that I lost count, we went the first hour w/ at least 1 fish on at all times. Mostly Lakers w/ 2 salmon (one was a real slammer, and the other wasn't bad) thrown in. White spinnys/smart fish w/ green & aqua green flies. Ran the flashers right behind the ball down 90+, wires out 320'. Salmon on 7 colors & 200' copper w/ stix. Fleas were no problem but the weeds were bad in spots.