ONEIDA BASS FISHING

jsmith009

I am headed to Oneida this weekend to try to find bass. I havent had much luck at Ontario or Seneca. It will be the first time on the lake, and I plan on launching from the Brewerton area. Can anyone please point me in the right direction on where to begin, with lure selection and locations with depths.

Thanks Jason

If this is your first time to Oneida, you couldn't have picked a worse weekend. THE MONSTER BASS MASTERS ELITE tournament with over 105 boats, plus fans and media boats have been man handling the lake ALL WEEK, especially the west end where the largies live!! When I stopped fishing last week, the big smallies had fallen out of shallow water and suspended under perch fry in 20-30 fow 6-12 down. If you have a good fish finder, pay attentin to sharp drops near 16fow! There was still some 12-14 inch fish in the weeds, but most of the slobs are in dropshot or crankbait water now! Look for splashing and cast to it around drops! With good weather this weekend it will be tough with jet ski's and people like me who took the week off because of this tourney! I'll be walleye fishing after dark, but might look for those slobs myself last 3 hours of light! GOOD LUCK!

I snuck down there today and fished a dropp off, I got 4 smallies and my buddy got 2 in 1 hour! then went walleye fishing! those bass guys didn't seem to have effected this area too much. this drop usually only holds bout that many fish, then we move to another one! So maybe they just beat up the shoreline and the popular shoals like Dakin or something! we were in 16 fow near 30 fow! GOOD LUCK!