rod holders

jim_wny

Hi

Has anyone used the 360 HT fishing rod holders from Cabelas They appear to be very solid but are made of some type of a plastic type material. The price looks reasonable but am a little concerned if they will take the rigors of salmon trolling.

Thanks

Jim

Don't skimp on your rod holders! Good rod holders will last you a lifetime. I personally use Traxstech rod holders but there a lot of other great quality rod holder companies out there. Spend the extra $ you won't regret it.

Brian

I personaly love the Angerl's Pal holders. All aluminum, fully adjustable to any angle and they hold up great. I have some on my boat that are almost 20 years old. I will say that my buddy likes the RAM Mount holders. Very similar to the Angler's Pal, but if you are patient Cabela's puts them on sale every now and then. I need the versitility though. I fish for just about anything, perch, walleye, salmon; running boards, dipsey's, riggers... I have three up each side of the boat and have never needed more.

Cisco Fishing systems are the best on the market IMO. Infinite adjustability and lifetime warranty, pricey but they will last a lifetime and will never need service.

They have 2 different cradles which are awesome for divers or you can get the tube style. they have a ton of different mounting options for any boat and set up your choose.

34542840.th.jpg

37607751.th.jpg

69016370.th.jpg

The Cabela's 360HT is a Scotty PowerLock rod holder branded as Cabela's. I have a PowerLock mounted on my boat that I use for trolling without a diver. I started using divers this year and was concerned about the strength of the PowerLock. I contacted Scotty's and they said it would be no problem as long as you use it with the "lock-down" mount (post has a tendency to ride up).

I tried using it with a 107mm diver, I'm sure it will hold up but I didn't want to take the chance. I looked at the tube/track systems that most guys here use, but was way too much money for me. I ended up mounting a couple of Salty S-10. Great rod holders. If you need to walk around, the rod butts will likely get in the way. I only got a small 16' boat and they are mounted at the back, so it's not an issue for me.

SaltyS10.jpg