LIFETIME LICENSES MUST READ!!!!!!!!!

OK IF MY FRIEND HAS IT RIGHT YOU BETTER GET YOUR LIFETIME NOW!!!! 600.00 NOW 725.00 AFTER OCT,....5.00 NOW FOR 65 TO 70 YRS NEW RATES 57.00 PER YEAR TILL 70 OR LIFETIME NOW FOR 50.00 IN THAT AGE GROUP. NEW LIFETIME IS SUPPOSED TO INCLUDE TURKEY AND MANAGEMENT PERMITS (DOE PERMIT)... DOE PERMITS WILL COST 10.00 STARTING THIS YEAR..NEW SUPERSPORTSMAN GOING UP TO 89.00 IT WONT TAKE LONG TO REPAY THE 600.00 AT THAT RATE .....YOU STILL NEED TO BUY BOW AND MUZZLELOADER IN ADDITION TO LIFETIME BUT I THINK YOU CAN BUY A SUPER DUPER LIFETIME NOW,BUT NOT SHURE ON THAT ONE...IF YOU OR I MOVE OUTA STATE THE DAY AFTER GETTING LIFETIME IT IS STILL GOOD BUT YOU WILL NEED TO PAY OUTASTATE RATES FOR BOW AND MUZZLE.......THE GOOD NEWS IS IF ALBANY DONT REMOVE HEAD FROM BUTT SOON THERE WILL BE FEWER AND FEWER HUNTERS SO US DIEHARDS WILL START GETTING BIGGER RACKS......DOUBLE CHECK AT YOUR LOCAL LICENSES DEALER MAYBE IT IN THE NEW BOOK TOO ,,,,,BUT IF THIS IS CORRECT IM BITTING THE BULLETT THIS YEAR I HOPE TO HAVE 25 MORE YEARS IN THE WOODS ABOVE GROUND AND THE WIFE WANTS TO MOVE SOMEDAY SOOOOOO...

You are absolutely correct ray! I have been planning on biting the bullet and buying all of them. Total will be 960 i believe but that is big game, small game, fishing, (600) bowhunting (180) and muzzleloading (180). I am only 30 years old so i think its a solid investment!!!

If you are going to do it do it this year!!!!

also kid lifetime licenses are going up to. If your son daughter grandson grand daughter is in to fishing or hunting might be a nice gift :clap:

Trolling Keuka,

That is correct for all licenses with the exception of lifetime licenses. All liftime license fees are still available at 2009 prices until 09/30/2009. See copied text of Important Notes below from DEC website and link:

Important Notes:

All Lifetime Licenses and 2008-09 sporting licenses will remain available for the previous fees and with the previous age requirements through September 30, 2009.

http://www.dec.ny.gov

then go to permits and licenses

then sporting licenses

then see sporting license fees

you're there

where did everyone get their lifetimes from... I know you can do it by mail but the dec told me i can got to a brick and mortor building (which i would prefer) but i am assuming that not every place does lifetimes all the time. so would i be better going to like gander or some place that has some experience.

any info would be great!

I have been reading this thread and finally spent some time today looking at the new fee strucutre.. Wow!!

I hope the DEC knows what it is doing... I think the are in jeopardy of loosing a lot of people that are on the fringes.. People that are older (..looks like people between 65 and 70 are getting hit hard), or just get thier liscense because they might go out, or just get it because they always have and never really hunt anymore..

For me, it is a no brainer because I love being out there and try to hunt every free minute it get.. I am just fearful that the people that choose not to get liscences anymore will offset a good portion of the incremental revenue they are expecting..

I work at a large company and talked to a couple of guys that are not getting liscenses this year.. They don't hunt much anymore and with this economy, they have decided to not get liscenses...

Let's see, I will spend $30 bucks more, but the two of them combined will spend $150 less... i hope this does not represent the norm or we are going to get whacked even harder in the future!!!

i got my lifetime 8 yrs ago i paid 725.00 for everything,(bow,muzz and sportsman)well MOM did. get it from your wife for christmas that worked for my budy lat year.i just wait for it to come in the mail and go pick my dmp.do it if you can it wont get any cheaper

I did mine over the past 4 years in bits and peices. Started off with lifetime fishing, then added sportsman, then added archery.

When you do it a little at a time, the amount you have already paid is deducted from the total price- so it does not actually cost anymore $$, and it is easier to spend a hundred here and there- compared to $800 in one shot.

Did all of it at Walmart- now everything comes in the mail in August but the DMP's. It is great and I recomend it for everyone- never have to worry about it again

There is no T&S stamp needed right now. That did not get accepted. The rest of the increased fees are more than enuff. I don't understand why they are charging extra for the DMP'S. I have had a lifetime since they first came out so I am grandfathered, but I think there was way too much of an increase all at once. just my 2 cents.

• 1 month later...