Hot Lure: Mag Green NBK

Trolling Speed: 2.5

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 180

Lure Depth: 60-80

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

I got out with Brett and his brother Don aboard their boat "Little Brown". We set up two wires-divers with green-glow Spin Drs and Green-glow A-Tom-ic Flys and two green NBKs on the riggers in about 80 FOW and pointed her North. As we hit 180 FOW we had a release with nobody home on the rigger. We noticed some weed patches, small sticks, and a little garbage between 180-190. We also marked some bait and a couple fish in this area. We kept going north to see if the screen would get any better and from 190-230 it was blank so we swung her around and checked lines realizing we'd been towing a skipper King. Just as we hit 186 FOW the rigger fires and Brett reels in a King around 10#. We let that one go to grow and as we hit the 170 ish mark the Wire diver fires with this 16# King.

93143928.th.jpg

We did 2 circles and had 5 more hits with nobody home 1 of which slammed the wire rod but didn't get hhoked. All the remaining hits came on a south troll.

Hope this helps give a starting point for some weekend warriors! Good luck and tight lines! Thanks Brett and Don for getting me out!

Zebedee,

Thats not a king, thats a big steelie. Very nice fish. Too bad the derby starts next week.

haha that baby should be on the wall!!! Can't believe you missed that! Could always get a reproduction!

Nick

WOW! Awesome steelie! Haven't seen any nearly that big this year.

Good job.

JAM

Great looking fish. Sucks are fish in our lakes don't even come close to what you guys catch out there. Great job and thanks for sharing