Hot Lure:

Trolling Speed: 2.25

Down Speed:

Boat Depth: 270

Lure Depth:

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

My dad and I made our first trip back in over 10 years. Started off slow, couldn't mark fish to save our life. North/south zig-zag'd from 140-230' for the first 1.5 hours. Finally decided to try east/west. Had a dipsey hang up and wouldn't trip so I throtled back the kicker to make it easier to get in. No sooner did I get my hand off the throtle and the other dipsey started screaming. Nice fight, ended up being a good king. Heck of a fish to start off with. Can't tell you how big, left the scale at home, probably somewhere between 25-30 lbs. Picked up the first steelhead shortly after and made a turn west to hit the numbers again. We couldn't get anything on the west troll, but bangged two more steelhead once we made the turn back east. I think we got everybody excited because by the end of the second pass there was a sizable pack forming. Got the king and one steel on green crush SD with seaweed howie fly, one on crome/green holo tape flasher w/ green bucktail fly, and the last on a orange/yellow NK 28.

Dad's first king in over 10 years, let me tell you, there was some whoopin' goin' on with that one.

100_0227.jpg

The better of the steelhead, not too impressive, but nice when they start the dance.

100_0229.jpg