Hi Guys,

This is my first post on the new board, things look great...

I am planning my first trip up this weekend. I usually fish out of Oswego but some of the reports from Fish-nuts don't make the water condition sound to ideal especially in the harbor. I am only in a 16.5 footer so I like Oswego for the protection of the harbor but when the weather is decent I have ventured all the way down the the power plant. It's a little harder in the smaller boat but we hold our own :)

I have never fished out of mexcio and was wondering what it was like there. I notice on some of the aerial photos that there are a decent number of small tribs down that way that look like they could attract fish with the cold spring. Any suggestions or recomendations would help. I am limited with my trips this year due to weddings and Bachelor parties, don't these people know it's fishing season.....so I want to try and make the most out of them. As long as I get the weather.

Give a yell for orangemen if you are out there I am usually on 68 or 69.

Thanks guys, I will be sure to post any reports.

Baytech

30+ mph winds outa the north kinda kills the whole ny shoreline,never fished osweago area ,musky bob will chime in soon thats his stomppin grounds,look down a ways under weather (previous post) and there is some good links to lake weather,a little sun and gentler winds should put the fishing back on track fast them fishes are probly a little hungry the bumpy water keeps the food spread out,i might even talk myself in to hitting the pond this weekend,,,,,,,,yep im going that was easy just do like the rest of us and check the reports every 10 min. or so :shock:

Oswego's ramp and park is very nice, plus if it is rough you have the habor and river to fish. thats a big thing with a 16 footer. we fished a 19 ft in rough water its no pinic. we now have a 23 ft,< THAT BOAT MUCH BIGGER (':shock:')

Also port ontario is ok for smaller boats, the ramp is steep. But again you have the river and mouth to fish. Sodus Bay is another place to fish in a smaller boat when the lake is rocking.. Henderson bay we are going up to fish this year, but hear is pretty nice. and its only about an hour up.

I too have a weather dependent boat. When fishing Oswego & the waves are too much for me, I stay in the harbor. There's been times when even harbor isn't fishable for me though. It's all part of the game. Catfish out of Mexico is a good place for browns too. Again, look for the colored water. The main thing is to get on the water, relax, and have fun with it no matter where you go.

Thanks for the info guys. From the most recent NOAA weather it looks like it's going to be decent this weekend, so I am all but there.

We usually fish PortOntario in the fall for Salmon but have never tried it for browns. That may be an option if the wind is out of the east.

I will wait until I see what the lake looks like until I decide where I'm going to launch. Odds are it will be Oswego, but I wouldn't mind checking Mexico out if the weather is nice.

Thanks again,

Baytech

Hey Muskybob,

I will be in Oswego Friday as well, should get up there around 10 (it's along ride from PA). I will give you a shout on the radio or you can do likewsie. I wouldn't mind meeting some of the LOU members.

Handle is orangemen.....

Good luck Friday.