spring oswego kings ?

making a trip up in a couple weeks for browns and would like to get a king,should i concentrate on the 30-40 foot depths running lures off bottom or hit the 80 plus foot areas and run the lures around 25-35 feet.i catch plenty in late summer but cant seem to catch any in the spring,also is the pea green water more important to find than water temp?

The Oswego spring king fishing kind of got started in 2004, a year of real high flows in the Oswego River. (just like this year) They might have always been there, just the focus had always been on the browns in shallow. Anyway, the bite usually gets going around May 1. Usually in the 100 to 150 fow range. Down 30-40 feet at daybreak and then dropping towards bottom midday if it is bright out. Flashers and flies with a mix of spoons. White proChip with LBB Howie Fly is hot!

ive seen people trolling in that area straight out from the stacks once so i tried but the schools of fish were 70-85 feet down so i figured they were lakers?you think they were salmon down in that ice water,this was 3rd week of may.do they usually hug bottom during the day in 100+ feet?

Hi Guys,

Would like to give the salmon a try. I would be coming down from watertown way. Just so I don't drag a boat around aimlessly, could you give me directions to a good launch for a 21 foot boat? Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Would like to give the salmon a try. I would be coming down from watertown way. Just so I don't drag a boat around aimlessly, could you give me directions to a good launch for a 21 foot boat? Thanks.

Wright's Landing in Oswego is excellent. If you're coming into Oswego on Rt 104 when you get in Oswego and cross the bridge, take a right at the first light, go to the end of the street, take a left, and the launch is 2 blocks on the right. Nice big parking lot & great launch.