Orleans county derby awards ceremony

Here are some pic's of the awards ceremony. It lasted about 11/2 hours and they raffled off many many items including a 50/50 that my team won. :D Northern King also sent everyone home with a couple spoons also. Everyone that is involved with that derby are great people and their work on it is greatly appriciated. :clap:

Grand Prize Winners! (Rob & Chris)

15993222.th.jpg

Rob was so excited when his raffle ticket was called

71355780.th.jpg

Chris w/ the Grand Prize speech

33544678.th.jpg

The final leaderboard

10686211.th.jpg

Brian congrats to you as well, along with Scott and Rob and the others. We did a number of targets over the weekend, but just couldn't put the big one in the boat. Best of luck to all of the L.O.U. gang with the upcoming L.O.C.- Duane

me and my girlfriend had great time fishing the derby.we never ended up placing anything but had a few on the board for awhile. it was fun...there use to be a bunch of these type and similar smaller derbies across the lake back in the 80's and 90's which have disapeared. our appreciation goes out to the orleans county rotary club for keeping the tradition alive and we look forward to next year.

Scott - thanks for posting those. I never had a chance to make it up there. Congrats again to Rob (Legacy) on his Grand Prize winning! I expect him to use most of that extra cash to buy a reallyyyyyy nice 10-man Ice Shanty for the hard water season :lol::yes:

Rob, the Orleans holds a very special place in my heart. Long story short, back in '99 my best friend and I took a 38#9 oz king on the last day's morning of the derby . But due to circumstances he wasn't entered in the Orleans due him being a trucker at the time and not sure what his schedule would be. When we weighed it in at 4 C's ( for the fall LOC was running concurrent), the weigh master asked if we were in the Orleans. Had to tell him no, and he said we just beat the current leader and eventual winner by close to 3 pounds :( - But the best part is, that the following year, my friend ended up winning it -the Orleans Co-with a 37# king he took. You can be sure that his wife was adamant he was registered this time around. His name being Dave Guth- passed away with pancreatic cancer a few years later, and that is who's name my boat is named after in memory of- Again congrats on your win-Duane

Hey Scott, thanks for posting these pictures! I wanted to go but didnt have time to go that day. A:so Congrats to you, and to Rob!! Rob Im glad that fish held up for you what a slob!!

Hey Scotty any pictures of the big brown?

Good luck to all in the fall LOC!!