fish weight

I caught this king last week. It measured 36 inches but I don't have a scale. It was a female , full of eggs. Any educated guesses as to the weight?  Also, thanks to all the knowledgable fisherman who post on this site. I read it for 2 weeks, went shopping and caught 10 fish, including this one, my first 2 days out. Caught this one 530 am 8/14, in front of microwave in 70 fow, 50 ' down on flasher / fly. A month ago that last sentence would have sounded like chinese to me! Thanks again

fish2009_08_14_15_46_34002_0001.jpg

Way to go. You are a quick learner. Years ago we used the length to give us the weight and it was pretty close.

30 inch fish = 20lbs 40 inch fish = 30lbs 50 inch fish = 40lbs

In your case that would make the fish around 25 lbs. I would say pretty close. So there's that for what it's worth. Keep up the good fishin.

17lb min 19 lb max but still a great fish if ya got a linecounter with proper drag took 300ish run let ya drag it for 15 to 20 sec then another 40 to 50 ft run with a heartstopping headshake or 10 on the way in...ive got many 36,37in this year 17 to 21 lbs, 39 in biggest at 22.12oz female....when did you learn fishieeze?? talk...now slidout to the 25 line 13 west look for 55 down temp over 250fow go 2.7 gps 2.4 down speed on a 330 heading.watch the blowback due to down currents at different depths,mup a mettalic frog with a watermelon on the slider,let out 180 on the wire at a 2.5 setting,10 core knot at the water and 10 passes is working with a superman 28 size........hope this helps :lol:

ha ha ha... I get most of that Ray. I had been wondering about how your down speed would vary from your gps speed. Don't have a probe, (yet). I did get a few steelhead on a watermelon spoon behind a silver dodger and dipsy. Ok, mup the metallic frog, please 'splain that?

Also, I get nervous when I hear the words "retire" and " wife" in the same sentence. Who will keep me in the lifestyle I'm accustomed to.

Ok , 42#, found the answer I was looking for!!

Elmer,

Page 52 of the 2009-10 NYS Official Regulations Guide has the DEC table to "weigh your fish with a ruler". However, it does not include salmon, Coho or Chinook. For salmon go to the DEC website or use the Oaks website that Chris mentioned above. It's the same as the DEC table.

NYS DEC table lists your 36" King at 20 to 24#.

Congrats...Nice King.