16' Discovery Center Console Aluminum Fishing Boat

lavarock64

For sale: 1992 Discovery Voyager Aluminum Fishing Boat (This boat was manufactured by the Grumman Boat company that now makes the duranautic line-up). 16 feet in length, 40 HP 2 cycle Evinrude outboard, 25 gallon live well, newer Minn Kota 55 lb. thrust bow mount trolling motor with seperate battery, 2 older invader manual downriggers with easy mounting base, two newer trailer tires.

The original owner was a metal fabricator by trade. He fabricated the entire trailer, center console, seating area/ livewell and the bow rail all out of aluminum. The craftsmanship was top notch and one would pay $2,500 - $3,000 for this work alone. Due to the the entire package being made out of aluminum, it makes for really easy trailering. My wifes 4 cylinder Honda Accord tows this package with ease, as should any mid size car.

This boat can do it all. Bass fish, lake trout jig, pan fish, walleye and even salmon trolling. We have even used it in a pinch when a family members boat broke down for water skiing and tubing. I mainly fish the fingerlakes, but I have used this boat on the Niagara River and Lake Ontario.

This boat has always been stored inside. I always use top grade 2-cycle oil, the lower unit oil gets changed annually as does the trailer wheel bearing grease.

Please e-mail if you would like to arrange to see it or a test drive for serious buyers. $3,900 Best Offer

DSC05528.jpg

DSC05529.jpg

DSC05532.jpg

DSC05531.jpg

StingDave, I appreciate the kind words. I'm a bit superstisious and this boat has brought me some seriously good luck. Here is a 1st place derby Brown that was jigged and the hefty Carp caught by my nephew. In all, this boat has brought us 8 derby places. It's bitter sweet to say the least.

salderbybrownwethan.jpg

24CarpWJosh2.jpg

I forgot to mention a bimini top is included with the boat. It has never been installed, but is simple enough.

Chris

I've been asked about the seating possibilities. Here is what has worked the best for us. Under power the front seat is not used, poor weight distribution. The boat motors fine with 4 guys with the following layout. The driver, a cooler top seat cushion (included) fits the cooler in front of the console (guys sit bck to back-similiar to an ocean center console), there is a 2'x2.5' aluminum livewell behind the driverseat where the 4th passenger sits on a standard cushion.