I-bay

FREEMAN77

the best night and the last night I will have on the bay :@ we got 5 walleye in 3hours and lost 4 others one we could not get in the net and it got off when the rapala got cought in the net biggest we kept was 24" and wheighed 7.5lbs these fish looked great very fat healthy the otther 4 we kept were about 22" and 5-6lbs all came on shallow running rapala. now the bad we got back to the launch and found I had a parking ticket that sucked but what pissed me off to no end was the truck that launched the same time we did and parked right next to mine did not have one because he had a get out of jail free sticker (trooper sticker) on his windsheild. sportsmen give more to this damn stat then anyone and now even more than ever with the license increase I would have a had no prob paying the launch fee but they were closed and it is not even a damn park every state launch this **** state has is open 24/7. :@ well that my rant and now that I think I have the bay set in I cant fish it any more thaks newyork :no: and oh yeah how about the police out in I-bay find something better to do like pick up people who are all over the place well we were on our way home last night and leave some poor sportsman alone great job I-bay police. does anyone know of anyother place I can launch at and not have to pay a $30 launch fee.

Jeff,

Do you know of the launch over in the Genny? It is back off Lake Rd. right by where the Fast Ferry used to be. There's a fee if the guy is still there!(hint) It think it's less than ten bucks. From here, you can run up the river and fish or shoot over to I bay along the lake.

It's a little inconvenient, but if you are dead set against launching at SeaBreeze, it might be an option. I had no idea that the cops there were like that. I've launched at SeaBreeze a million times and never got a ticket. I thought that lot was a public lot. There must be some new rule, or maybe they never enforced the one they had.

I can say the cops in the boat are a little over the top sometimes. I had one really get into me one evening while I was staged in the water waiting my turn to pull the boat out. I did not have my 360 light on. It was not dark, I was next to pull out, and this guy was threatening me with a ticket. After he "showed leniency" to me, he then told me to go over to the guy who was pulling his boat out and issue him a warning for not having his lights on. He stayed there until he watched me go up with my boat, tell the guy at the ramp that he was getting a warning through me, and then left us alone. I believe that unless I did this, he was going to write me up. Pretty impressive don't you think? I apologized to the guy after the cop left , but what kind of law enforcement is that? :no::no:

Glad you pounded the fish at least.

Grady

Glad you had a good night. I haven't been out much myself and when I did go earlier in the summer I was getting blanked beyond belief. This is my last week that I have the calendar flexibility and I plan to get out a couple nights so I'm glad you were able to put out a positive report. Bummer about the ticket. I've been out of that launch countless times....after dark and well after the fee collector has left his post....and never been ticketed. I'll keep going and if I DO get ticketed, I'll look at all the times I DIDN'T get ticketed and and DIDN'T pay the launch fee and call it a wash, and still....a wash in my favor.

Was it the town cops, sheriff?

Genny launch is $8. However if you get there, launch & park prior 6AM, attendant will give you a freebie.

Tom B.

(LongLine)

ps I bought a season pass for $100. (good at Genny & I-Bay)

I fished the river at night frequently the last 3 or 4 years (not so much this year....yet) in my 16'er. I've got no reservations about that launch at night because I have my carry concealed license and I exercise that right when launching there because I'm usually putting in all by myself at 10PM and pulling out all by myself at around 4AM. I also park away from the launch out in the middle of the lot toward the access road under the parking lot lights to reduce possibility of a car break-in. There's nice eyes up there too....and some monster cats.

"I've got no reservations about that launch at night because I have my carry concealed license and I exercise that right when launching there" That cracks me up :D Dont get me wrong, i have no problem with a concealed weopon, just Its not exactly Clinton and North or 1rst and clifford Down there. Hell with all the blondes using the trailer parking spots to head over to Pelicans , Might be more than a concealed weapon in your pocket :lol: Anyways The river at night is actually one of the best places for eyes around

63243209.th.jpg

67611727.th.jpg These twoo on the river awhile back. in the afternoon, less weapons in the daylight :yes:

Dear Bosco,

You are wise to exercise your CCW after dark in this area. I always carry "My salad oil special" IN THE DAYTIME when walking the very nice park trail that follows this part of the river from Boxart street north to Charlotte. After the daytime incident in Maplewood Park that occurred this past year, I WILL ALWAYS CARRY CONCEALED!! on this trail! Be sure and always carry your paper permit with you in case the border patrol stops you late at night. Their on board searches include looking for weapons.

Respectfully submitted,

Jet Boat Bill

I'm glad you found that to be amusing but I will continue to assume responsibility for my personal safety and that of my family as it is my responsibility and mine alone. If you're okay with pulling up to the dock at 3 or 4 AM by yourself, walking out into the middle of an empty parking lot to get your vehicle, and bringing your trailer back to that secluded little area to pull your boat out then go ahead. As a younger man I was robbed at gunpoint and more recently witness to a violent gun robbery ending with 2 males running out the door with a Glad bag full of cartons of cigarettes and a convenience store clerk sitting on the floor against the wall in a pool of blood. Did I mention that was at the Citgo station in Brighton by the county office buildings at dusk with a patron (witness) right outside the door filling his car watching the whole thing go down through the window? Not exactly Clinton and North. My life's experiences have taught me that evil exists in our society and it strikes randomly and indiscriminintly. I do not feel belittled by your ridicule (as obviously that was your intent) because another thing I learned at the Citgo station is that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. I feel sorry for your family should evil visit them and the only thing you're armed with are emoticons.

right on bosco the people down there are crazy and there are people all over this world looking to make an easy buck I will make sure its not my buck they will be making :clap::yes: I fish the river during the day up near my house in chilli and do very well before the rain I got out about 5 times and never got skunked I am really starting to like this walleye thing its starting to become more fun now that I a catching fish lol :lol:

Your point that sh@t can happen any place or any time taken. And if you feel safer with it, well good for you and thats absolutelly your right. My thoughts are this.........I have never thought of bring mine,I just dont think its necessity at this boat launch or should every one that reads your post that wants to fish there at night period. Ive had to come into this launch from fishing or pleasure at least a hundred times at all diffrent times of night and never had a problem. yes you could get jacked in the perking lot, You could get shot in a gas station in brighton, but that doesnt mean i wouldnt let the wife stop 4 gas after dark.So carry your gun,please by all means do.

Nice report FreeMan! Sure glad to get one from I bay. The fishing there has been tough. I have only managed one eye in 2yrs! I do ok with the bass there but the recreational traffic is so bad there, I hate going in the summer! We do pretty good in the fall for Pike with my best from I bay being 36". Sure would like to get on the eyes though.

On the other subject I launch at Mayers and they are good people. the parking is tight (10 trailers) sometimes we have to park down the road. If you are going out at night I would consider talking to them because as said they are nice peeps and I bet you could work a deal. I feel your frustration. We pay our taxes (like it or not) and should have a state launch like sodus or coneseus! I refuse to go to the town launch after the last rate hike and the folks there are a bit snotty anyway!

Good luck and keep us up on the eyes!!!!