contratulations Mark on your big King today 8/23

Good Job Mark. Can't wait to hear the details. We're not fishing today but my wife and I will be out Monday. We were out Saturday and we smacked them pretty hard, my wife and I, Steelhead, Kings and 1 Atlantic. I lost one decent fish after it took out 500 ft of line. I have no idea what it was. As you know, a 20lb'er can do that. Good to see you have that Familiar Bite working for you and good luck during the rest of the derby.

Mark, I wasn't talking to you a couple weeks ago on the radio although I have talked to you in the past. I live in Penn Yan by Keuka lake now so I don't keep my boat on Ontario anymore. When I come to the Lake I usually go out at the River or Sandy Creek. I used to have a 31 ft Sportcraft then I went down to a 25 ft. The last 7 years I've been fishing out a 17 1/2 Alumacraft Trophy with a 90 Honda. My wife and dog are my fishing partners. I've had to downsize due to disability.

I thought you would know where the big fish are..I can't seem to get anything over 20lb. I've been getting my bigger fish off shore 400-500 fow. I'm catching fish 120-160 but nothing big, everything 10 lb and under. I've been getting them on the dipsy's and the riggers. Protroll with an echip and spin doctors are working really well for me, just can't get a big fish. Also Michigan Stingers Alwifes and NK Alwifes working good.

Good luck the rest of the derby. I'm going to try to get out tomorrow, weather permitting.