Dipsey Divers and Dodgers

I was just wondering what is the typical distance is between a #0 Dipsey Diver and and dodger, such as an 8 inch Luhr Jensen dodger? I wanted to try a dodger and fly combo off the dipsey and am comfortable with the distance between the dodger and fly but am unsure about the distance between the dipsey diver and dodger. Any assistance is appreciated. Thank you.

[email protected]

Guest ReelDiel

i always run my dodgers as far off the dipsy as possible, so the when i real the dipsey to the tip of the pole i can still reach the fish with the net. normaly about 7-8ft.

A big ole' +1 on Yankee's advice..

I keep forgetting that EVERYONE here has a bigger boat than we do.

I shudder at the thought of a 25 lb king on a 10' leader in our 16' boat....I'd have to sit in the bow just for the fish to be netted.

:D

We are heading out to sandy creek both sat and sunday morning, give us a shout if you see a tan polar krakt with a honda outboard. Its time to put the boat in the water!!!!

Forests I gotta agree. Slide divers really are the answer for those excessive leads. Matter of fact my crew usually whines when I tie those 8' leads from dipsey to spin doc. It's tough to move forward with the hard top and they like to see the fish come to net.

Adding a extention to the net handle helps greatly with those 8,10 or 12 ft leaders off the diver.

I'd rather put up with the netting issue with a long leader than looking at the diver rods,wondering why they wont go....................

I notice not many guys use net clips to hold the bag out of the way while netting fish off the transom??

opti_net_clip.jpg

Opti_189.jpg

One tip for those who may not know, esp. for those who consider an extension as Skeiner said, once the target is in the net, as soon as possible, turn the but end of the handle towards the sky, in lieu of parallel to the water.This will not allow handle or extension to bend, esp when boating a target of significant size. Just bring it it hand over hand, and target will be sagging in the net below. Also, this as simple as it seems, allows for not hitting those who are near by with the net or handle for it is not moving side to side during the netting process.