Rod holder for your copper line rod?

I have run my copper set up straight down the chute. Unfortunately my rod holders will no accomodate the reel lock that I have on the rod. I have been running it out of my front rod holder on my mag 10's when I have them out to the side of the boat. The rod had a nice bend in it as if it were it were running off the ball. I usually have all 400' of line and anywhere from 50 to 100 yds of power pro backing out with it. Will this affect my trolling depth or not?

Have you caught any big salmon on it yet? 50 to 100 yards of backing is not enough you will loose the whole deal on a heavy king. The rod holder should be fine. I run my copper with the knot at the water so it makes no difference where the rod is if the knot is at the water it should be the same depth every time.

CC

CB,

I have 300yds of power pro backing. I usually let out 50 to 100yds thinking that it may sink more with that much line out. I have only used the copper line setup one weekend so far this year with no luck. If the lake is somewhat calm this weekend I plan on using it more. Do you have better luck running a flasher fly combo off of it or just a mag spoon of Jplug. I ran both last time without success, but most people had little success that weekend also. They just weren't hitting and those that did catch them were far and few between with a slow pick here and there. Thanks for the feedback.

OK, you had me worried there, I have had kings almost spool 300 yards, there is a lot of drag on that line and I think it helps them make a big run in the beginning of the fight then does just the opposite and kicks their butt the whole way back to the boat.

2 setups that I recommend -- start with one and then try the other if no success.

#1 - Moonshine Carbon 14 spoon (Best from 200' - 400' of copper)

#2 - White double crush glow spin dr with a no-see-um fly (Best from 400' - 600' of copper)

CC