Chataqua Info...

I am heading down to Chataqua in a couple weeks... always wanted to fish there, but never have until now...

I am going to be staying by Dewittville Bay.. I've only got a couple of days and haven't had a chance to fish much this summer, so want to get on some fish and not going to be picky.. Preferrably some smallies and some decent perch (..and maybe a suprise gets tossed in)..

anyone familiar with that area of the lake? any advice would be greatly appreciated..

A good place to start would be out front of prendergast point in about 10-14 feet of water .With golden shiners on a small yellow jig head u should get your limit of perch in no time. i have been down there 3 times this year and obtained my limit there in a couple hours all between 8-12 inchs. if you stick with the shiners it will eliminate the bluegill catch.good luck

there is a nice patch of green weeds (or at least it was a few weeks ago) next to, just south of the inlet to snug harbor marina (again just south of prendergast launch). they were picking up massive SMs and LMs there. there is also a nice rock pile (warners bar, I think its called) on the north side of long point. SMs are generally a good bet there...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

When I was there in june they were killing giant largemouth in the southern basin. They say it is a great Bass lake. I just cant see myself going all that way to catch bass when there are MUSKY!! I would recommend going down to the Happy Hooker for advice. Nice people there and tell them you are a LOU member.You might get a little favoritism!!

Good Luck

Thanks foe the help guys.. Really looking forward to the opportunity to fish a new lake and one that I have wanted to fish for a long time...

One additional question, is there a bait shop in the northeast portion of the lake... From what I can gather the Happy Hooker is on the oposite side of where I am staying, so not sure if that is the best option..

make some friends at the launch and people are usually pretty good about info if you are cool to them. sounds like you can get the little perchies anywhere. for bass there's alot of weebeds for the largies and some points and rocks for the smallies. alot of people pitch jigs and senkos. tubes for the smallies. i think that if you just drift some points with live bait you could have a blast catching anywhere from bass to waldo's to perch to gills to even the elusive paddlefish. just kidding- they haven't got one in along time. it was the biggest fish ever from chaut. just b/c we are goofy and chase muskies doesn't mean u should. go out catch some fish- have a fish dinner and enjoy yourself.