Sandy Creek 8/24 evening...it's going to be a LONG derby

Ouch. Isn't that what you say when the fish beat you up? And if it isn't the fish, it's the lake...it was like being in a washing machine on Sunday. We pulled one small king and one small steelhead last nite fishing between 80-235 fow East of the Creek. Ran some J-Plugs with no success; spoon bite. Same as on Sunday, except on Sunday we actually had five minutes of mayhem as we doubled on teenage kings with two in the boat and the net in the cabin. We should change our name from "Nothin' but Net" to "Net for Nothin'".

It'd be nice to have the fishing we did a couple weeks ago. Can't complain, though; we stayed on top. Nice evening when the lake calmed down, too. BTW, the temp's down 80-90 and still compressed on the inside. Very little bait, but still decent hooks, just couldn't get them to go. Next time!

Gator

As if last night with Gator wasn't painful enough. I turned around and hit it up again this morning, what was I thinking. Poor morning out there 2 for 4, both little browns. There are fish between 75 and 110 but they just aren't biting. Everyone I heard was struggling in the inside waters this morning. I would recommend running deep for anyone heading out tonight, or off Lighthouse/Braddocks there's a pile of lakers in 100-120 fow.

Keith,

It was a little better last night. Lakers and browns. The screen looked wonderful in 120 -140 (bait and big hooks no takers) and in 60 -70 (browns and bait).. Heard some guys doing kings on the radio off the nose/pump house area.

Brian, "Wonderfull"? This is forcing me to bring out "Man Rule #7". "When on a fishing forum that consists of mostly men, you may never use the word "Wonderfull" or any other word that was mentioned on "Leave it to Beaver". :lol: