Fish Shaped Flashers for Fishing

One of my best setups this time of year was this fish shaped flashers for fishing. On corner riggers one dogdger squid 15-25backon each. on out downs 0ne # 4 J plug 125-175 back. I liked Silver bulletts or Glo greens .Put dodgers below or at active zone. Put J's 15 above on each side. Trolled 2.1- 2.5 doing a lot of lazy turns . hits were 20-1 on the J's. This was my go to pattern on nice days ,lake flat or slight chop, bright sun. I would fish inside with the pack with my inside pattern . When the fish dissapered, I ran this pattern on the outside edge of the packfor the rest of the day.

I figured it worked becase the dodgers called in active non feeding fish ,triggerd some kind of competive feeding response,they turned away swam away from the boat saw the J bobing just out over their head & just had to hit it.This produced some violent strikes. If I took the dodgers off I wouldn't get nearly as many hits.

I suppose you could use flshers instead , i havent been out in about 5 years .

Hope this helps

Welcome to the site. Thanx for the pattern. Similar theory to the MUP & should work. ie fish shys away from one then nails the other. Couple questions...Isn't 2.5 on a turn a little fast for a dodger? (2.5 surface or 2.5 down speed?) Did you match the dodger & J colors?

Tom B.

(LongLine)

No I did Not Match colors although I Did use ChromeDodgers & glo dodgers by coincidence.

It was surface & or loran speed . I dont have down speed.

I pulled Dodgers as fast as 3. 3 mph on my surface speed with great success. wind speed , current & direction of troll are all variables .Hard to tell whats going on down there without down speed .

My good buddy Shongo showed me how to tune dodgers so they can run at a faster speed. Besides, I think it's good if they spin now & again . Whats a flasher do?

Flasher mostly flat with either aft-side fins or a single large bend about 2 1/2" from rear. Designed to revolve in a large circle. Much more speed tolerant than dodgers out of the package. Dodgers tend to spin about there axis when trolled to fast unless as you say, are tuned. Spin Doctors (SDs), which as somewhat fish shaped, are very popular now days.

TomB.

(LongLine)

If "SHONGO"-- Dennis "BUTCH" Tiberio --out of the oak showed you how to bend/tune dodgers for speed, You were taught by one of THE BEST FISHERMAN this WHOLE LAKE ever had!! Butch was a consistent TOP 10 finisher in almost every tourny he entered. I learned alot from him in the 1980's.

Thanks for the tipp.

JERRY

RUNNIN REBEL

Yes I am talking about Butch . I spent a lot of time with him on & off the lake. He showed my how to lake fish . I showed him how to cacth stream steelhead. ( At least a few tricks he didn't already know). He not only was a gteat outdoorsman, he was a good person. Fished with his Father Zugo once in a while also. Never a dull moment with either of them . They were both a lot of fun. Now don't that open & close your Garage door !