Lifetime Fishing/Hunting Licenses

CBish

I want to get my daughter her lifetime fishing license, but it looks like just to buy her a fishing license is more expensive than getting her the sportsman or sportwoman in her case, lol. Miss Pearl may be only 10 months old, but looks like she'll be getting a life time sportswoman license. I hope she likes fishing and hunting! With the last name Jolliff it's in her blood. LOL

Thanks for sharing the link!

It really is a no brainer for kids who have a passion for it. I was told we had until 9/30 to purchase because you arw actually buying the '08/'09 license which is good until 10/1 and you will receive your '09/'10 license and tags in the mail. someone please correct me if I've been misinformed.

shawn

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

What happens next year when the goofs in Albany spend the money this year while they are in office. This absolute fiscal insanity that will harm the DEC since Albany will not make up the shortfall in revenues. Remember when they gave the $5 license to 65 year old seniors. The next year DEC license sales went into the tank and they cried for increases in license costs.

If the lifetime license money was put into a trust with future distributions, this could work but the money will be spent immediately.

Unfortunately jimski2, we are stuck with all those clowns for another year and half. :@ There are very few that are actually smart, and working hard for us.

Perhaps I should run... no... I don't think I got the brains to even figure out the huge mess that has been created. The arguing and fighting in Albany needs to stop, and they all need to come together as team, representing us, and figure out the real problems, and stop spending so much dam money. I've said this before to my wife and family, if it wasn't for my family and the fishing in Lake Ontario, I would've not moved back here after my service in the Navy.

You guys are right though, it's a no-brainer as far as getting my daughter her lifetime license. Even if she doesn't get into hunting or fishing all that much. To me it's a great gift to her, in that I plan on spending a lifetime sharing my outdoor experiences with her.

And if you don't get your lifetime sportsmans license before Oct 1, you will still have to pay for the doe tag application every year for $10. A lot of the guys I hunt with are pinching pennies to get the $960 for the whole deal (sportsman/bow/muzzleloader) before October 1. My grandparents got it for me when I was 11 and I added bow and muzzleloader 2 years ago. Money well spent.

Next year the goofs will come up with the "what is a lifetime?" and determine it is the lifetime of a mosquito and you will need to buy another license again. There was a TV store that had lifetime guarantees on the repairs, but then the store died. I wonder when Albany will die?

I wonder when Albany will die?

When we all stop paying our taxes or New York City becomes a new state...Be sure that the increases and immediate cash in will go straight to the big city where everyone hunts and fishes.....not :dull:

Mark