Dipsy Diver color ?

Jack

Hi !

Last season seems like everything I read said get any color you want as long as it was black . Fishing out of Sodus this summer I noticed a lot of charter folks running some very colorful dipsies that looked more like flashers. (greens with silver tape , chrome etc...) Just wondering what folks thought was hot this year.

Thanks JT

I'm a HUGE fan of metallic purple. Good luck finding them in the local tackle stores from Buffalo to Pulaski! We also use clear and black A LOT. The Glow Froggy goes in first thing in the morning, and on some days the Metallic Green is good.

I've always had good luck with the metallic purple also, particularly for steelies, otherwise I always have a kelly green on the starboard side and a clear on the port side, just so I don't mess up and put em out backwards (what a mess :@ )

Kings have always likes a kelly green diver.

Tim

I run alot of black but if fishing is slow I'll switch up and low and behold when I did that throughout the days I fished on lake O this year I got some action. Kelly green with a yellow ring has been HOT for majors for me, same with flourecent yellow with white ring too a couple big ones.

Purple tiger with glow bottom ended being awesome too. As long as it's not chrome I'll run it, I hate the flash they give off. I'm with Billy V, it's not suppose to be the attractor but think a little color doesn't hurt, depends on the fish I think, but you can never go wrong with black.

I've always had good luck with the metallic purple also, particularly for steelies, otherwise I always have a kelly green on the starboard side and a clear on the port side, just so I don't mess up and put em out backwards (what a mess :@ )

Kings have always likes a kelly green diver.

Tim

Tim,

Just put a R on the Starboard and a L on the Port dispey with a sharpie.

I run al clear.

• 1 month later...

We have a whole bunch of metallic purple because they seem to be the best producers on Erie- but when we fish Ontario, our best results have been with green. That being said, I know we are the minority of fisherman who prefer green, but that has been our best color nonetheless.

Im not telling its a secret ,Tim the little weight thingy on the bottom might be a clue as to what side it goes out on ....Boy im glad ive never put them out on the wrong side before .....well maybe once but im not telling. :$ ok,ok black and purple but not the chrome bottom purple ..

Ray that happened to me one time when someone else tried to help me set rods. Normally I work the back of the boat by myself. The other person changed the setting and put the kelly green diver out on the port side. The next time I went out, I forgot that and just dropped it in the water in it's normal position (starboard) without thinking about resetting the weight to the proper side.

Yeesh what a mess!!! :$

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...