i.bay outlet?

Could someone that has been out please post what the outlet channel to I.bay has for water depth. i have heard everything from 2' to 8'. I have to go into the bay Monday and would like to know if i am making it in there or not.

THANKS.

Steve-

When I brought the boat from Newport over to Shumway last weekend, there was no less than 6 feet when I went thru the west side of the channel. You shouldn't have any problem as long as you stick to the west.

We went through there last night. The boat i was in was a 23 footer. Our depth finder was having problems. When we came in(West side) we had no problem coming through. On the way out, we hit bottom at the end of the east side pier. Luckily no damage. I would keep to the West side for sure!! YT were u out in the blue bass boat by the bayside last night? If it was, nice ride :D:D:D

There was an article in the paper the other day. There are no plans to dredge and there is no money set aside. Being a non commercial port it will be WAY down the priority list. The Steven B. Roman hit bottom in the Genesee mouth and there are no dredging plans there, either. A 1 commercial boat harbor doesn't get much respect on the National dredging list.