Has anyone tried...

I would"t go for a z wing my self , if you check em out , they will out performe a 5lb ball and thats not saying much at all seeing 12lb balls are almost a thing of the past with 15lb weights being popular and more than a few guys are running 20lbers with very little blow back . Take a look around here you'll see some post about downrigger weights and you'll see what people are running, pancake's and sharks are something too take a look at, hope this helps alittle. john

I just bought 2 of the Z-Wings and they were the larger of the 2 they make and it does a better job then my 10# do. there are 3 settings on them and i used the middle one and at 2.5 mph there wasnt really any blow back. BUT you better have a strong motor and good cable because they really come up hard. I also drilled a hole on the back in the center of the Z-Wing to hook on a release. I guess they wanted you to use a release that is attached to the cable above the Z-Wing but the hole worked fine on mine. Good Luck

Thanks for the reply Rod. I guess I wouldn't have to worry to much about getting them up since I have manuals. On the other hand if I need Arnold in the boat to get them up... They just looked like a much better solution to having a couple weights bouncing around the boat. For 60 bucks a crack I didn't just want to go and buy two just to see how they work.