Pro Am sponsors

Next month the Pro Am committee will be sending out packets to potential sponsors for the 2010 Lake Ontario Pro Am series. They are asking for ideas on new sponsors so we can grow our events and increase payouts. I personally just spoke with Gary of Big Weenie and he has shown interest on coming aboard as a new sponsor.

Any other ideas ????? Just think if we all came up with just one new sponsor. Think outside the box a little and post your ideas here for the committee to see, or pm them to me and I'll pass them along.

mercruiser , yamaha , johnson, evenruide, ford , chevy, dodge , boat manifacture's ! Get boats with video crews put this on TV, go big time , i don't want too be bashed here but this is what should be done with this too take this to the next level , just think of the boats and people this could draw , this could be the next big thing. NORTH EAST PRO/AM SALMON TOUR ! or somthing along thoughs lines if ya get my drift , i work on sponcership all winter for a small race team and i work for feld motorsports on the moster Jam tour ,sponcers are there , fisherman are there you just need the man power and smarts to put it all togther , i could go on and on , just my vision of what this could be. John

Who do we contact to give the information of a potential sponsor to. The owner of the company that I work for is an avid outdoorsman and contributor to the community and would be interested in getting his company involved as a sponsor. I have given him the names of people to contact in the past but all his past attempts to contact tournament officials have not panned out.

Nate

Team Member - Coldwater Affair

Dave Turner would be able to handle it for all events. He'll pass info along to others as needed. Pass along any suggestions you have to him, or post here and they will monitor.

I wasn't sure if I should post his contact info on here or not...but since his number is now up his email is:

[email protected]

Big Jon, Wegmans, Walmart. It doesn't even need to be related to fishing. If you notice community events that happen, Walmart sponsors a ton of stuff.

UR so right here with this statment , outside of the industry , but these big companys also want too know what you are going too do for them , thats were the televised events come into play you must also put demographic's together to show you are reaching out to people too put there name out there and so on. You basicly have too sell advertisment to them and have something too offer not just some guys out on the lake a real bussiness plan needs to be put togther and this could be huge .

I contacted Dave a month ago, expressing interest in obtaining information I could pass on to perspective sponsors. I also contacted Bill Hilts. I have yet to receive the sponsor information I requested nor the prize my team won at the Niagara Pro/Am. I understand there are only a few behind the scenes doing the majority of work, so I have been patient......but come on guys I am volunteering to help and have not received much help in return.

I've been thinking about this, and John makes a good point about TV. I mean, why not?

Break through that barrier and the sponsors will knock down the door. The great lakes Salmon fishery may be more localized than bass fishing....but it's huge, none the less.

And I'd think it would make for a very entertaining show...look at the local legends we have fishing these events. I know I'm proud just to be under the same tent!

OK, so maybe my first grade teacher was right and I spend to much time daydreaming. But just maybe John is on to something. I'm sure it's already been done. If not here on lake O , than on one of the other Great lakes.

So where would we start and who? I'm to stupid, but we got ourselves some marketing guru's here who would also benifit from the hype (you guys know who you are ;) )

Insight Sports seems like a perfect start, since they have the World Fshing Network AND they are local!!

http://www.insightsports.com/about.php

KOPPERKLAD

Bob posted that said he was going to be dancing his a-- off

Walmart requires a Letter written on the Companys Oswego Pro/Am letterhead submit it at local store they'll usually match funds say you buy 10 cases of soda they'll give you ten Good for them Good for the entrants.

btw I am neither Pro and still a long way from being an ameateur

trade outs are nice but not the bigger picture here, i was thinking more like a (100.000,000) lol right. facts are there are millions of U.S dallors out there for this kind of stuff and its called advertisment money that company's have too spend for many reason's ,I"ll just name the two big one's advertisment, and tax brake's lets just say 30 min on the outdoor channel cost 100k with four events totaling 400k in airtime, sale's team and lawyers for legal contracts at least another 100k or get paid a percentage what ever it maybe, t.v crew 25k per event another 100k figure 30 vidieo camera's ,one one each boat for day two after the cut ,Yes a cut you have too make fisherman house hold names like the bass guys mike iaconelli that crazy funny guy , i know we have are mike's out on the lake waiting too put a show on. The actor's are here (PRO FISHERMAN) Id say run this just like they run the bass classic as a base line but for salmon ! and of course out of the 30 mins airtime ten of it would be commercials , hell probley even get bass pro's to sponcer it ! on a lower level of couse .but thats kind of in short short short what it would take to make it to this level basical a strong company could make it happen. O wait i just had a brain storm too make this happen the fastest i would think the pro am president would be looking too merger with another company, one that could or who already has made this happen and has the HOOK ups. :yes:

Jonnie first of all you dont drink so i know your full of hot air,what the PRO/AM commitee needs is more volenteers or as you said (i think)to sub out this part to a professional advertisement agency who is familuare with the protocall of finding sponcers....after 10 years of running a youth softball assoc. i know how overworked the current "staff can get " and after the season its tuff to do anything but the basics to survive till next season,most i think are volenteers too so down time after the 4 th event is great but in reality thats when the "sponser season gathering" starts....The southtown walleye assc. sends out a small magizine to its members """the FISHLINE" its full of sponceres event pics they have a office,officers--8,board of directors-5,,,sergant at arms--1,, newsletter staff--6,,and16 seperate commities for raffles,supplies,ect,ect. so with the pro,ams happing outa 4 diff ports ,4 diff town councils,4 different counties,4 diff.----ect,ect,, the pro am almost need to be a self supporting event.... sorta like the scotties (only better sorry yvan you got a good thing going too) ..I could ramble on but i might put my hand up and with the wiffy retiring i need to keep it down ...the raffles were cool HEY I COULD DONATE 4 "BUFFY SUITS", 4 BAGS OF" BACKHAIR," 4-"SLIGHTY USED SPEEDOS,,,,,,,,, PS.most bigger town have a "Merchant assoc." and have monthly meetings thats where i would start........100 boats = 1000.00 plus each in hotels,food ,beverage,ect.ect. and locals could offer discounts to pro am teams to entice there buisness(not like a campsite near osweago who uped there price 10.00 a nite when i told them we were a pro/am entrent)

You would think there's grant monies available to the various governments to promote tourism & would cost them little to nothing to promote the Pro Ams. Businesses gets fat off the revenue these Pro Ams generate. I believe the counties and the area businesses through the State, and even the State itself has dropped the ball in helping to promote these events. The Pro Am committee has been breaking their backs trying to keep this going & should receive more help from them. There's only so much a few guys can do. Just my honest opinion.

volenteers with bussinees marketing degree's , and atleast one with a law degree , now speak up lou member's if you fit the profile , ray you can site this one out better head back over to the this old boat forum too keep the old peggy run-in :P

why havent they considered looking into what is going on in michigan? PRIVATE ENTITIES running the tournaments! this is being done with great success. take some time and take a peek at ALL the tournamnets that are being held in michigan on an almost weekly basis! yes private entities will make money off of the events, thats their business, hence the more enteries, sponsors and dollars they generate means a bit more $$$$$ for their pockets. private entities also have in - roads with current and perspective sponsors, media and so fourth. you can have all the volunteers in the world but without meaningful contacts willing to part with money to support events like the pro/am it will remain the same event year after year. you can change rules back to "the old way" that were changed to the "old way" years ago, you can add an open event yada yada yada.... its still the same stale event imho. this is by no means to bash the commite members ( iguess certian ones it is) as i have been subtly accused of doing in the past but enough is enough. there is another thread here taking a poll on open communication for oswego hmmmm??? wonder what will happen in niagara?? good job oswego, but i can hear it now...we cant do it in oswego because we need to remain consistent. similiar to the starting time rule changes that took place way back when in oswego. let see some hands.... how many teams are satisfied with product (suggested retail i must add) being included in the "cash" payout? well here i go again bashing....... :(... i can only take so much of this dog chasing its tail mentality. until next time. Dave (the nameless dolt)