wiped off the '09 Waneta skunk

finally broke the Waneta streak...went down after work: on the water by 7 and by 8:30 had the 1st one in the boat. 40incher. good and dark out, shortline trolling near the weededge. water temps back down around 70 again.

58685333.th.jpg

hey, no peeking at the lure! :lol:

had a couple celebratory brews with Sol back at the launch after. must say, it feels good to have finally cracked it there this year-I was going NUTS. gotta say that the tuff shads from Zack musta had some extra luck on 'em! :clap: Just don't ask for 'em back :devil::P Hopefully the same will hold true of the ones I got from Bob-he's got a whole box full to get 'rid' of...good stuff too!

NM

Great catch nitro. Troutmaster45 and I were suppose to join you and Bob on Waneta yesterday, but I had a wheel bearing go on my towing vehicle Thursday and could not get it repaired in time. I wish I could get my hands on a tuff shad lure they seem to be hot.

Sincerely

Georged

hey Ray

Sol and I were talking about the same thing...definitely seems to be more action there this year...I think the fishery is maturing but more importantly the water temps have been ideal...that little lake usually turns to bathwater pretty quick but the not so hot days and especially the cool nights seems to be keeping the water temp right in the sweet spot so not only are not sulking from the high temps but they are also in those places where people tend to fish (not hunkered deep in the deeper water)

Georged- would have liked to have met the two of you...guess 'tis better than having a problem far from home and getting stranded...till next time :beer:

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

years ago i remember really having a "tuff" time on waneta. this year i cant really complain. yes fishery may be maturing or this is the results of catch and release. i think h2o temps may have something to do with it. on another website they were talking about heavier fish this year since the water temps never really stressed them out. tuesday night and all day wednesday i am taking my older sister out to waneta to attempt to put the smack down on the elusive toothy critter. look for a pic of her up here if i am any sort of musky fisherman and can get her a fish. pressure is on me to get it done. nitrolicious- nice skunk buster what color did you do it on? did pickin up the lures at church have anything to do with slump buster. i mean, should i bring all mine to church so they get hit more? did the hooks work out well? :D . bob- did you make it to lamoka or end up staying dry or both?

p.s. i am selling all my lures to buy x-raps. :yes:

Yeah good job nitro....i on the other hand did`nt hook one up.That`s how it goes.I saw a couple taken by other boats so they were hitting just not that great.I did have one follow early in the am while casting an old pflueger muskill spinnerr in copper back,grey front with copper dots-Go figure!!!That was my action for the day.Rain...wind,more rain,sun.clouds and cooler temps.I even trolled jrkbaits and bullgawgs.I did stay dry and managed to stay on the water(no lamoka this time-maybe next) for the most part `til i had to break.Made up a bimini that took all matl.@ my disposal(7bunges,1small tarp,2tent poles,1ratchet ,my fire poker and 60"meas stik and 40lb stainless scale.He she is.....

63169375.th.jpg

well the dice may have fallen the wrong way for you on the muskie front but you sure did well getting off the water at the right time on saturday before that weather front blew through...waneta isn't That far from canandaigua...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] mobile.png

All south basin 11-17fow lower 30`s(nothing great but much fun).Doing 5-5.5mph.1 came casting org tuffy over 17fow,always mark fish there so i tried casting.2of the fish came 15min apart...that was nice!Couple minutes into troll after releasing one).1 had one come on an old 7"yellow cisco kid just put in(east side) and two on natural perch color 25-30 back over 12ft.All smaller baits.No lines beyond 35ft out.Sooner or later those big girls gotta eat and are going to want something beefy!!I have been running some stuff deep and shallow that are just that with no takers.Small`uns are fun and action but bigguns warm the soul.

Bob

51391585.th.jpg

80854481.th.jpg