Can anyone make me up on the a inexpensive radar size tower? I have a wellcraft 19.2 classic cuddy, With the new engine and the size of my driveway, this is going to be my fishing vessel for a few years to come. I was wondering if theres a welder or some one that can fabricate me a tower? I keep looking at the wake board towers and think how nice my top would still fit under one, how i could mount rocket launchers on it, a few lights, and even run my boards off each side. but there in the 700 hundered and up range. would have to be mounted on the side to allow room for the top, just some thing to make a small boat a little more fishing friendly, and im not really into loosing my boat again for any period of time after waiting so long for the engine to be done.

• 2 months later...

I found mine on ebay. I got it for $400.00 and am having 12 rocket launchers welded on along with the base plates for $200.00 and I feel as though I have got a heck of a deal. If you can find one on ebay, check out uship.com for shipping quotes. I got mine shipped from Indiana to Syracuse for $100.00 (part of the $400). You just gotta be patient. also try craigslist for several cities, and expand out for as far as you would be willing to drive. Florida Craigslists seem to have a lot more of them pop up than anywhere else. I searched for nearly a year. Good luck

As mentioned,by bobbersdown,Ebay may be your best bet if you're looking to cut costs.

I Searched all the arch makers for my tower on my new boat,and got prices from 1,500 to 4,000 dollars.

I ended up having a custom arch made specifically for my brand and model of boat.It's 1.9 inch aluminum tubing with six gold anodized rod holders.Very solid I can hang on it(240lbs)with no flex at all.

It ended up costing me 1,800 bucks,and that included the freight, charge of 100 dollars from NJ.

I got several prices from custom fabricators that were well over three grand,but that was to much for my wallet.

Of course that included the installation and running the wires for the electronics.

I had to mount the arch,and run all the wires myself,but is was no big deal,and well worth the cost savings.

IMG_1699.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

• 5 weeks later...