Whats a friend

sfarm

I just returned from a two day invite from a friend,I thought, from Lake O. I am very troubled by it. I was invited to go by,I'll call him Sam, When I arrived all was well, we bs,d for a while then went out for some fishing, I brought up over 50.00$ worth of lures and gave them to him for us to try, He immediatly began to find fault with them, we tried one,for an hour then he pulled it. After the day of fishing I took Sams family and other friend out to dinner, they were already at the lake fishing. After fishing for two days and no fish we finaly got one friday night about 8pm nothing big about a 9# king.

Being this my first time to Lake O and king fishing I was excited to say the least. When we returned to the dock for dinner, I paid for my own, Sam then approached me and informed me I owed him $250.00 for a two day boat ride and one fish, I was shocked, I had full intentions of giveing him some money for fuel, I always wil pay my share, After a short conversation on the subject, I handed him a $ 100 his other friend a 10, who he called the first mate, By the way he is not a charter captain, just a guy with a boat big enough for the Lake. So my total expence was well over $250.00 for a trip with a friend. Am I over re-acting?

By the way he kept the lures

Not a friend and it's sounds like he is charging you...like Tim said, very illegal to do. You are allowed to offer a "friend" gas money which is expected and the norm but how he did you was not the norm.

If you told the story how it went down, sound like Sam though you chartererd him and his buddy to make a profit...not cool.

you can jump on my tub (tincan)anytime im headed out ,but ill make you reel in all the fish,,ive been known to catch one or two and with my honda kicker i expect full payment for gas lets say about $2.50 a day maybe $3.00 if its a little windy,,,and ill look over those junk lures to see if ya got any keepers, diff.lures work at diff. speeds,water temp,water clarity,sunny,cloudy,spiecies and time of year ,so you might have a couple good pieces of crap in your box or with a little tape from my craft box you can dress em up a little into mean green killin machines(sorry my Marine Mentality snuck out) 607-769-7947 Ray K.

Here you go:

http://www.sheltonproducts.com/FBR.html

this shop also is on West Coast I used to shop there when I lived in Everett, WA, he will ship anything

here's the bait heads

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/Herring%20Heads.htm

here's the home page with a ton of info and tackle

http://www.johnssportinggoods.com/index.htm

maybe inquire on this forum for an open seat:

viewforum.php?f=25

I will take you out on Canandaigua Lake for free if you bring beer :beer: (Saranac IPA or Guinness), capicolla, sopresatta,and provolone. 8)

u r on But I have to warn you I'm new at this trolling game I just up graded to Scotty 1116's last week from my hand cranks. Finally got the money, I've fished cayuga and seneca and had some luck but never been on Canandaigua. Beer is a given :beer::beer::yes:

Seems to be alot of this going on lately,I will stick to fishing the river!!Costs me around $20 for a full tank of gas and 2 Cycle oil,lasts me around 3 days of good fishing. :D

The walleye fillets I bring in more than make up for it! :lol:

sfarm, If you would like to learn more about the Scotties, I have four of them on my 22 ft center console you can play with. Most of the time I fish alone but I got an arsenal of rods and different rigs for ya to try. Heck I'm always looking for a way to get extra lines in the water. I go out of Point Breeze, which is about 40 miles west of Rochester if that is not too far for you to travel. Like Ray says, I enjoy watching people reeling in their fish so be prepared to have sore arms when the day is done.

I am a professional driver and trucking business owner so I'm away from port for periods of 3 weeks or more, but home for a week or two when I'm off the road. You won't need to pay me anything but maybe a lunch at the Black North at port.

and my name is Mark, not even close to Sam....however I know one but I don't think he fishes at all :lol:

PM me anytime, with a contact or just a reply if ya think your out that way ;)

Yes Final Flight is the first on the list. Getting to Rochester would not be a problem, and I too had 18 wheels under me,but gave them up 12 years ago. I got alot of comments when I was driving about my size 5ft 9" 135lbs not your typical truck driver. however remember size does'nt matter :rofl::rofl: I can find Skipper19 a buffet :D Thanks for your support guys ,How do I send a PM, not that good on a computer.