Trolled out of Golden Hill State Park this morning. My Father in law reeled in the only fish of the day, a 9-10 lb football brown. At first we trolled out to 30 fow and went west towards Olcott and no screen and 35 degree water. The mudline was in 5 fow or less but there was some colored water in 10-20 fow. Tried inline planers, leadcore, flatlines, but the fish hit on the downrigger at 10ft down with a 65 foot lead in 14 fow. From now on my son picks the spoons since he always picks the right ones. The brown hit on a Raider/Red Hook - Manitowoc Sunset. For only an hour and a half trolling I'd say we did well for the first time out this year. We had fun regardless. There is very!!!! cold water out there still. Good luck to all I have to work the rest of the weekend. - Mick

Thank's Bill It's been a long wait. Were going out again in the morning, and I'll post as to how we do. The mud water is almost non existent now so we might head deeper and try to coax the fish in the colder water. We just need the water to warm up a bit. - Mick

Got out after ( and in 15 minutes the winds picked up) 9 am. What was once goood water is now gin clear. The only good thing I got out of the trip is that the water is warming a little. 40+ degrees from 4-20 fow. No fish but we only trolled for an hour before it got too rough for my son to be out. Better luck next time. - Mick