First trip of the season to work the bugs out of the boat and the kinks out of the bones. Dennis Smith my buddy got 3 browns and I only got 1. We ended the day 4 for 8. Trolled the shallows with stickbaits and couldn't get much to fire so we switched to spoons in 12-15 fow. Action for us was pretty slow but we spoke to guys at the dock who said they hammered them. We must have been in the wrong place at the right time to get our 4. We did have some others on, but murphy's law prevailed. All in all it was great to get out on the water. Spring has sprung.

dcp_0608.jpg

Way to go Musky. I got out for the first time this year also and MAN DID IT FEEL GOOD. We only caught one but it served 5 of us for dinner. Fresh fish out of almost freezing water can't be beat. The best of luck if you make it out this weekend. Unfortunately I have to work. - Mick

I thought that might have been you out there. That was me in the red Lund. I wasnt sure. Hey Bob what speed were you trolling at. I went up there solo yesterday and managed 3 fish. Slow for me.

Actually, my first hit of the day was when I was going to my first spot. I had just rounded the breakwall and set up, & got antsy and wanted to get closer to shore so I upped the speed to 4.6 on the gps when I got the hit. I had 140' of line out and got him right next to the boat when it rolled and spit the hook. We saw it and it was bigger than the one I'm holding in the pic. We couldn't believe it hit going that fast. It was a fluke & we spent the whole day going 2.7 to 3.2 in different spots. I'm glad I had Mr. Heater with us after 4pm, it started getting pretty cool out there.

I didn't know that was you in the Lund or I would have come over to say hi. I was on 68 and had a chance to talk to baytech05 out there. He was doing better than us at the time so I don't have any idea how he ended up. I didn't care if I got a dang thing out there. It felt so good to be out after the winter. All is well now.

Atta way to go Mick. ;)

Edit PS: The guys on the dock said they nailed them in 6-8 fow. Anybody have any idea what the wind speed was for yesterday afternoon?

WOW THOSE ARE HUGE , nice fish too (he he),hey i was talking about the big smiles on the bullfrogs ,hadda laugh as to your dress i was all bundled up comming off the lake and when i got to shore everyone was in shorts and T shirts even the girls not that i noticed ,didnt take long to strip down to my speedos (too cold for my thong ) im heading for seneca in couple min. looks like i better keep my hat (and shorts) on today so i dont burn my heads, :$:$