I know its a little late, but my buddy and I blew out of work a little early to fish the evening. On the water by 3:30 and fishing by 4. Fished from the point to just west of maxwell. Went 8 for 8 all on sticks. Hot colors were thunderstick jr in Gold Chartreuse Specks and B/G j9 raps. 7 browns and 1 coho.

we'll be back out sunday am. can't wait!!

Ben

Ben,

Where did you launch from? I want to make it out this week with my boat and i will need a launch with a dock. A week and a half ago when PSII and I were up there the docks wern't in yet. Though with his boat we were able to get in without one. Good job on the fish and hope you have just as good of a trip, if not better, on sunday. I hope to hammer then on tuesday or wednesday!

thank,

RY

Redneck Yacht,

I launched my 26' at the Rt. 14 launch on Saturday afternoon. Plenty of water, if that was the question.

No docks though.

Getting the "trailer driver" onto the boat after parking the rig could be a trick though,...

I didn't have to worry, as the rig driver (read girlfriend) drove the trailer over to my place for me and I picked her up from my dock.

I suppose it would be a hassle, but if you had a person in the boat and rode it over to the public docks (in front of Cowboy Bar/37) while the rig driver dropped the trailer in the Rt. 14 parking lot and then parked in town at 37, that could be a way to get the job done, it's just not speedy.

Other than that, you could call Arney's, or Krenzer's and see if they'll let you launch from there. During the summer they don't like to have transient ramp users in deference to their dock renters, but this early they might allow you to launch.

The public launch docks won't be in for a few more weeks yet I reckon. They put them in pretty much the same time as the 5MPH buoys at the tip of Sand Point and at the channel if you can remember whern that is, I can't.

Good Luck,

Pierless