Does this lure have bad mojo?

picture this...Fishing with a stick bait this summer, the rear trebal stuck in the pikes mouth, the front 2 barbs of the front trebal in my arm. I push the hooks threw the skin and then realise i cant get the snips out of the tool box in the cabin cause I dont have a free hand. The pike would rip my arm apart if i let go. took me awhile to think of something. ended up pushing the barbs back into the arm and out that way. :( Not fun at all, I feel for ya

It is a carbon 14, and it doesn't produce a whole lot on our boat.

When it is charged though it is ther brightest thing I ever saw. You could probably use it for a flashlight.

My buddy cut the ring off and we tried to push the tip back through the skin but the hook went in at too much of an angle.

I eneded up having to go to ER and they tried to push it through also and it wouldn't go, so they ended up making a cut until they exposed the barb and then took it out.

The dr said that in the busy season they remove 2-3 hooks a day in the ER. I didn;t feel so bad after that.

I still can not figure out how you got it in the back of your hand . I seen them in fingers, palms , back forearm , head , shoulder , gut, from of the leg. even one in the lower back when a guy tried to cast. But I don't mind telling you this one is a first and on the top of my list of what not todo. Dam that hurt I am sure

Ah I remember it well :@ This was the piece I had left in my finger (and also what I thought of it too :lol: ) after I drove a treble into my had on Jax's boat last year. He wanted to try the string removing trick but I thought better of that :o Had I known he would be a famous life saving charter boat captain I would have let him have at it :lol:

Good question Stan, how did ya get it in the back of your hand?

Photo0087.jpg

100_4073.jpg

Last time this happened to me I was 13 yrs old.....

I have heard speakers talk about a carbon 14 at seminars and I wanted to know what a Carbon 14 looked like. Now I know what it looks like and if this lure has bad mojo, I don't want nothing to do with it. I've seen enough bad things happen just having a banana on the boat. I've got to know, did you guys have any bananas on the boat that day?

Mark, I can only tell you what works for me. It fires for us at first light- say the first 2 hours even before the sun rises,- app the last 2 hours prior to sunset and in low light conditions,cloud cover etc- I like to run them in a bait set-Say one off a diver and then one off the same side corner rigger with either a fixed or free slider as well. As a matter of fact just this past Friday with the East winds piling cooler temps off the Oak, the largest king we took on our trip, at close to 28 was taken off a free slider with a carbon 14 when marking the high targets. I would like to hear Capt. Carl's in put here since he is the one who gets all the kudos with the findings of the Moonshines-He is the one who put me onto the 14-Duane

Well, that'll teach ya not to punch 'em when they aint producing! :P

Solgrande has a little tribute to his escapade with a treble that he uses in his signature: May your hooks be sharp and your hands free of them!

Rather fitting here, but as advice its a little late. glad it worked out ok for ya though.

This works, had to do it to my daughter when she was about 8 with a small lead jighead while rock bass fishing, and also to my g/f Steph while perch fishing with a bait hook a few years ago, both continued their day fishing with just some soreness the following day.

It works

Tom

This works, had to do it to my daughter when she was about 8 with a small lead jighead while rock bass fishing, and also to my g/f Steph while perch fishing with a bait hook a few years ago, both continued their day fishing with just some soreness the following day.

It works

Tom

Yes it does perfectly and you can keep on fishin!

RR

i got stuck to a bomber long a in high school. front treble in me, back treble into the back seat of an old jeep cherokee. stuck myself good and attached to the back seat @ midnight going after walleye.

Mt. Goat,

OUCH

Having just completed my 4th year on MOONSHINE's Pro Staff I now have a new order of rules for running MOONSHINE's

#1 -- Keep hooks out of hands

#2 -- DON'T charge the lures -- too much charge and they will scare away fish!!

#3 -- DO run in bright sun -- when the sun is high and the 42 seconds, black & purples, thunders and frogs have shut down that is when the glows work the best.

#4 -- Disregard rules #2-3 when combat trolling for Fall Kings (Rule #1 stands at all times)

What I've found best for insuring rules 1 and 4 are followed to the T is run them at first light with no hooks. :)

I've recently set it out on the 10 color core before sun up and "the kid" going into 7th grade had to inform me that

"What are you doing?" there wasn't any hooks on the C-14.

It appears Cap'n Cruzcontroll had needed a treble for something else and had put on some other device :clap:

We probably caught fish with it....

Don't lose it.

The Moonshine Carbon-14 is a very good producer for me. I run it cheated with another Moonshine - a Magnum Flounder Pounder (either one on top or bottom -- both take fish in both locations)

My Fall 08 LOC 13th place Brown took a Carbon-14 running under the cheated Flounder Pounder.

I've also taken lots of 20-24# Kings and a few steelies on the same setup.

Good lures.

(Oh, BTW, I always put a silver laser ladder back on the Carbon-14 -- Moonshine now offers that as their Silver-Carbon)

(Sorry about it catching your hand, mountain goat...)

JAM