Connecting the trolling fly to the Spinny or Pro Troll

I have acculmulated a fair amount of trolling flies over the past two seasons and the problem is that I usually run out of leader material before the life of the fly is up and I have about a half dozen of flies with less than 12" of leader material left. I looked into buying replace rigs for them and for $1.00 more I can get the whole set up brand new. I looked to extend the life of the flies by tying to a sampo swivel as opposed to tying directly to the "o" ring or clasp that is on the pro troll. Will this affect the action of the negatively and will this add a weak spot to my set up when the fish hits? Just wondering how most of you run your fly rigs? You feedback is appreciated.

Sounds good. I may have to do that this weekend. Also what's the best way to store them after use. The Atomiks can't go back in the package they came in and the Siggs riggs have tubes, but don't seem to go in as nicely as they came out. Do you have any tips for storing them?

I buy 1" clear tubing and cut it about 1" longer than the fly. Cut slots in each end of the tube. Insert leader through tube and wrap leader end to end on the tube placing leader in the slots you cut. I will post a pic if I can remember tomorrow.

Right now I place them in a plano clear box and sometimes have two or three flies in a section meant for crankbaits etc. It's a tangled mess sometime and I know I am nicking the leader occasionally when I shut the lid. I want to upgrade. I'd appreciate it if you hade the chand to post those pics. Thanks.

I tie mine off with a big duolock snap once I get leader length measured out, then I store them on a big pool noodle so they are ready to go and switch out easy. The duolock allows the fly to do it's thing and the clasp I dig into the noodle to store the other end so they are nice and tight on the noodle, I store my walleye spinners and all my leaders with snubbers the same way. keep the fly's from getting damaged as well. Amish outfitters sells them.

37924326.jpg