Waneta Lake Tourny

MY buddy and i were thinking about going to this tournament. I've never fished this lake before and not familiar with the area. Anyone familiar with this lake? Looking for some lodging.

Also just wondering about the size and depth of this lake. If anyone is fishing it, is it a casting or trolling bite?

Thanks for any info!! :)

whew lodging????still thinking ......40 ft deep maybe 2 miles long 1/2 mile wide ,most i know troll ,but im shure casting would work i know some use riggers aaanndd (silver and green spoons mag size)hammond sport over 1 hill watkins over the other 10 to 14 miles each savona to the south but tiny village cant think of any lodging there bath is close too but with jail there not shure i would leave boat there ( visiting families if you know what i mean) check Stiles motel on victory highway (dave thurkins) owner not fancey but clean and 15 to 20 mile drive also call local real estate agency they might have cottage listings might be pricy but on the water with a dock would be great....hey do a waneta lake rental google

http://www.wanetawebcam.com/wanetarental/rental.html

Tony

typical glacial lake structure, or lackthereof like the rest of FLs. 30ft max, 800 acres. gradual taper on the West side and some dropoffs along the East and a few minor points on both. this year has been pretty good to those both trolling as well as casting around the weededges at the N and S end shallows: fish pretty much anywhere-temps in the sweetspot. some 40s, lots of 30s.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_ ... elkmap.pdf

Like Ray said, no public accomodations on the lake, but depending on which way you're coming from you could also check out Penn Yan-couple hotels there too and and a straightforward 20 minute drive to the ramp.

NM

Yep,

I have stayed there. They are ok. I think there are only 2 cottages with docks though! Dont drive on the grass. Dont be loud. And be clean. She was a school teacher and they are nice people, but picky about thier company. Bring your own bedding. She does not supply sheets or pillows!

Good Luck.

• 1 year later...