Chautauqua Lake Labor Day weedend.

anyone goin to Chautauqua this weekend? I'll hopefully get out a couple time before the weekends up. Had a ripper 2 nights ago working the ledge at long point. It was off quick. ;( I haven't boated a fish in a couple weeks. I need to put an end to my drought this weekend!! Hopefully with a pig. If anyone goes out, let me know how ya did. Good luck!

In case anyone's walleye fishing, they're starting to turn on in the north end. MY buddy got six the other day in Magnolia bay. 32 foot of water.

There were a lot of fish caught & released Sunday.I had 5 muskies the biggest was 46",from near the Mayville Flats in 25 to 27 feet of water trolling Wiley Deep Diver Jtd 5 1/2" in Michigan Perch & Firetiger color.I used 4 colors(120 ft) of 60 lb test leadcore line to reach 18 ft down at 5.5 mph.I saw another boat white Starcraft with Wiley Lures decal catch a nice muskie in the same area.The radio reports had a couple more people catching and releasing 5 muskies or more from between the White Wall & SmithBoys in 11 ft. of water in the South Basin as well.Heard of 50",49 1/2"49"48",46"46" and another 29 muskies being caught from Thursday thru Sunday by a hand full of boats. I'll be back down by the middle of the week for some more action!

Capt. Larry D. Jones

Repeatability Is 90% Of The Hunt!

Well im glad to hear you did well. :clap: I must have the only boat that didn't catch a thing this weekend. :@ :@ :@ I went out sunday afternoon got skunked and this morning. Trolled for about 5 hours this morning and not a darn thing. I may go toward the later end of the week. Let me know how you do if you go. Im cold as ice right now. I can never find these hot spots.

We will spend some time on the south end Friday. But if we dont have good luck there I will be north come Saturday morning! I am much more comfortable up there! I just really want to catch a big girl on the cast! I think that would be the ultimate Musky Experience! :inlove: My best so far is 37" casting. not bad but not good enough! 50" is my goal; maybe it will take 10yrs but maybe not!!

We will spend some time on the south end Friday. But if we dont have good luck there I will be north come Saturday morning! I am much more comfortable up there! I just really want to catch a big girl on the cast! I think that would be the ultimate Musky Experience! :inlove: My best so far is 37" casting. not bad but not good enough! 50" is my goal; maybe it will take 10yrs but maybe not!!

I hear ya. I defiantly want to start casting more!! I'd love to see a 50" ski smack a top water lure! I agree that is the ultimate musky experience. There's only one problem with casting, it's impossible to drinks the beers! :beer::beer::beer:

i got my biggest musky ever casting a topraider off the warners bar at night 4 years ago in late june. long thin 50", 2:30am after tooooo many beers. empty cans all over the boat- big fish- crazy night. 2 others that night also. used to love and do very well casting at night there. night shiner depthraiders along the weed edge and topwaters over the weeds. my dad had the hottest black jitterbug he used to work real slow. i think that the fish ran bigger at night also. haven't done it in sometime though. good luck boys-