ADK Mtn Report

Just got back from my trip to my happy place in the mtns . here are the results.

About 12 northens Biggest aprox 12 lbs

About 25 bass biggest aprox 20 "

Fished aprox 20 hrs In 4 days many short strikes, Full moon so best during middle 0f day.

# 5 mepps gold W/ blk bktail Black Spinnerbait W/ gold blades, Gold & blk Smithwick twiched on surface, 3/16 oz brn buctail ( mostly bass on this) .

I won't tell my favorite lake but there are many lakes up there that have the same or better fishing .

if you have never fished up there I urge you to take the trip. A majestic setting with plenty of things to do, From The Olympic center at placid , ADK museum At Blue MTn . Lake ( loved It) or THe Wild Center at Tupper Lk( went this time Loved it )

Saranac Chain , Tupper, Long , Forth Lake Eyc . All have great Fishing& Family things to do. We camp so it is a cheap way to go .Take your young ones to the Saranac RiverIn Saranac lake Behind the police station for fast actin . the fish arse small but there s a lot of them. I fished my lake from a canoe for a few years.

Saw my buddy the bald eagle a few times ,actually saw him swoop out of his tree & grab a fish out of the water like the old eagle claw ad. The call of the loon at night is the greatest. The naysayers can say what they wish but there is more to fishing than catching a fish.