===============

Total Hits: 8

Total Boated: 6

Species Breakdown: 3 King 3 Steelie

Hot Lure: 42 Second Spoon, No See Um Spinnie and Fly

Trolling Speed: 2.2-2.7

Down Speed: 2.2-2.7

Boat Depth: 80-100 fow

Lure Depth: 60' riggers, 130' Mag Wire Diver, 10 color Core, 150' #3 Fireline Diver

====================

SUMMARY & FURTHER DETAILS

====================

Fished with Just Fishin' Rich and Zebedee Jason this morning, Picked away at the fish all morning, screen was decent with bait and fish, temps were in the 50-60' range, so were the active fish. Nothing real big, small steelies (3-4lbs), 2 smaller kings (Skippie and 7 lbs) and one ugly 20lb Male King. Dumped two on the core and the Fireline diver which were taking line, so likely bigger salmon, but were not one long enough to tell for sure.

Good work today! You knew right where to start this morning. We ended up 3 for 7 with Chris of Momay4000 and Barry - two steelies and one laker.

Before daylight in 90 to 115 FOW, the screen looked exciting and we boated two fish. Lost a major on the copper with spin doc and atomik fly. Then we decided to venture north and ended up looking at few passerbys but no takers. All of this points to the saying "never leave fish to find fish".

All in all, no derby fish yet a great day to be out there!

Anthony,

Thanks again for a great time yesterday!!! To all fellow LOU fishermen/women, I have to say, Anthony (Pike Hunter) is a great fisherman with a great rig.

Thanks to you and Barry for a great time!!!

Yes, we should have stayed in close...if I'm not mistaken, Anthony wanted to stay in close, but I persuaded him to head north.........yikes!!!

Thanks again for a great day on the water,

- Chris

Chris,

It was great to have you on board. I want to add that it was a TEAM decision when we decided to head out north to deeper water. I read a recent post at LOU site that someone made a good progress in 285 FOW and higher. After reading this post, I believe we gave up too early as we approached in 250 FOW. It doesnt help when we keep hearing about Han's catches especially with a double within the inside water.

I am very grateful to LOU for bringing the good, if not the best fishermen together.

Anthony

Anthony,

Yeah... my hunch did not pan out with big fish, but at least there was action and I didn't have to run very far on a short morning.

You guys still drew 7 bites with your decisions which is not a bad morning at all, just that the boating percentage was not as good. If you boated 2 or 3 more of those bites, then the day has an entirely different spin on it.

No matter what, we're closing out on another great season out there and all getting to know each other better which is only going to help in the coming years with keeping reliable reports for our area coming in. That's the whole point of this board... we all need to report the good the bad and the ugly no matter what!

Ahh, was this information intentionally left out from the report?

Well, last week I did my fair share by "sacrificing" a depth raider probe and 15.5# torpedo. This incidient has led me to believe that the fish god would have rewarded me with a derby fish just to help defray my expenses. Well, the fish god have already determined that I was not worthy enough. :D