When do you stop trolling for salmon/trouts?

When do you stop trolling for fins?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. When do you stop trolling for fins?

• Right after the when LOC ends:
    • Mid September
    • End of September
    • Before mid October

I am sitting on the fence trying to decide about when do I put away the boat. In my case, being a 3rd season troller, I have been not successful with chasing for salmon in September and October.

Instead of trolling, I will be going after the bass and northern pike.

Thanks for sharing your vote.

None of the above. The last 3 or 4 years I have gotten out the first week of November before pulling the boat. A couple of these trips have been a shorts & tee-shirt run offshore for some nice steelie and teenage kings. It's pretty fun being 12 miles offshore in November enjoying the sun and spanking steelies while having the lake to yourself! I even watched a Bills game out there a few years ago on a portable TV on a sunny day in early November.

This is an eye opener after reading your comments. In my case, I thougth I was being dumb or even better, stubborn when I continue to troll way up to the end of October last year.

Tom - what am I missing? Should I add a couple more options such as mid November or "none of the above".

If i wasnt such a busy man in oct,nov(hunting) id be out there too ,but man canot live on fish alone. All fish are still in the lake even tho the adults (salmon,kings cohos) are off to happy hunting grounds.Just another thought is that at least the fingerlakes drop there level for winter in anticapation of a big runoff i think ontario gets a little lower in the winter too so just be mindfull of shallow launches,rocks when you put the boaty in specially if its a short ramp :( your double axle might become a single one..

Just another thought is that at least the fingerlakes drop there level for winter in anticapation of a big runoff i think ontario gets a little lower in the winter too so just be mindfull of shallow launches,rocks when you put the boaty in specially if its a short ramp your double axle might become a single one..

Raymound,

That's why you use a lilboat :)

Don't Lose it