Cayuga Lake Trout League 2010 season

Sounds good, The last two week weigh in is that a five fish limit or the biggest fish from the teams? How are you going to pick teams I can fish either Lake. Or are you going to line us all up and pick, I dont want to be the fat kid in gym class :lol::lol: Sean

If you want in with this new format please pm me your name and what your home lake is. I'll see how close the team numbers are and go from there. I'd like your input on the rules and scoring. My plan was the heaviest five fish per team. This will work for the team and individual competition plus allow me to track both at once. I'm OK with the honor system for weights. I realize the world is full of bad people, but those people don't fish, there's no trolling in DC. I don't know how the rest of you feel about that.

When you pay your entry you're paying for your boat no matter who's on it. That way we can take who ever might want to go that day. The boat gets the weight no matter who's on the rod.

The two weeks we are all together we can through an extra $10 a boat in for the big fish of the day.(just an Idea)

If you have any input get it on here. I'll put the rules together so everybody will have a chance to comment

on them.

Mark

Mower brought up an interesting point earlier. If you have a bigger boat that would be a hassel to trailer from one lake to another here's my solution. If you fish Cayuga on your own boat but can't get it to Seneca or vise versa you can get a seat with one of your team mates. If your one the rod or if it's one of your set ups that fires you get the points for the individual portion of the contest. A bit of cooperation between team mates is all that's needed. Shouldn't be a problem. So you guys with the monster rigs don't let the "away game" keep you from getting in.

I think you should be able to pick your fishing days at random so we don't have conflicting schedules. I'm not sure how that would work...maybe have a thread on here where we declare a "league day" ahead of time for our own trip. ex: Zebedee will be fishing this coming Thursday for team 1. That will allow us to fish the weather, around personal schedules, etc. Do we allow a cancellation /remake for freak storms, wheel fell off my trailer on the way to the launch, etc?

I thought about trying to do something like that but it would be very diffucult to track all the information if it's spread out to much. While I understand where your coming from I want to set dates so I can do all the weight inputs for teams and individual scoring at once. Anyother way is more like a job than a hobby, sorry Z.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Still looking for Pro-am dates to set the schedule around. Still taking members aswell. From the feed back I've received this should be a great time. Shedule will be out soon. Mark

I see the last time anyone was talking about this was last september. Just wondering where its at today. Sounds like fun!

It's on for this year. I waiting for this years Lake O pra-am dates so I can schedule ours around them. Hoping to pick up more boats in this league by doing so. If anybody nows when the pro-am's are going to be please post them on here. Which lake would you like to fish for Jeb?

It looks like we can have a ten day event. Ten sarturdays with nothing else on the books excpt for the first one. April 24 is also the Cathrines Scotty, hoping that's not an issue.

April 24

May 1

May 22

June 19

July 3

July 31

August 14

August 28

September 11 (All on Seneca)

September 18 (All on Cayuga)

I'll leave these dates out here until this friday for all to review and comment on. Monday March 22 I'll set the schedule. Get the word out to anyone who may be interseted in joing us so I can put the team list's together and get this finalized. I have no problem adding guys until April 17th. The guys that are please PM with an e-mail address. Thanks, Mark

Here are the dates for this years Cayuga/Seneca Challange League. This year it's going to be only once a month until September when we will go back to weekends all on the same lake.

May 1

June 19

July 31

August 14

September 11 (Seneca)

September 18 (Cayuga)

It's time to get signed up. PM me if you want to get involved. Mark

Mark,

August 14th will be the First Annual Lansing Harborfest Derby so if you want to schedule that as a Cayuga date it would make for some added prize money.

I'm working on the entry form now it should be out in a few weeks with some added advertisement on the website for the harborfest and some other places.

Scott

I'd be interested. I like the idea of agreed upon picture...maybe length only. Should be able to fish any finger lake and e-mail in photo with ruler and dated newspaper? That way we should be able to release the fish if we wanted to. Start a thread on this website for uploads of pics and judge by that???

Scott

That's a good idea for the August 14th date. I wasn't sure if Barney was going to do his fall derby this year but that was what I had in mind for one of the two September dates. If he's not doing it this year I'll change the all Cayuga date to Aug. 14. If you hear anything please let me know. Mark

Stoutner

With the format we have inplace you can release your fish, we made sure of that. It's going to be by wieght on the honor system. Photo's would be great but I don't want to see anyone left out because they don't have a digital camera or know how to post the pictures. The rules and format I'm sure will be tweaked year to year but for now what has been posted is this years starting point. I hope you join us and help this thing grow into what I hope is one hell of a good time. Mark